Non-commercial sites related to the conservation or preservation of historic buildings. Preservation Architecture Arts.
- Food preservation Food preservation involves preventing the growth of bacteria, fungi, or other micro-organisms, as...
- Preservative A substance or a chemical that is added to products such as food, beverages, pharmaceutical drugs...
- Historic preservation An endeavour that seeks to preserve, conserve and protect buildings, objects, landscapes or other...
- Preservation (library and archival science) Preservation refers to the set of activities that aims to prolong the life of a record and...
- Digital preservation A formal endeavor to ensure that digital information of continuing value remains accessible and...
- Conservation (ethic) An ethic of resource use, allocation, and protection.
- Conservation-restoration The conservation-restoration of cultural heritage focuses on protection and care of tangible...
- Self-preservation A behavior that ensures the survival of an organism. It is almost universal among living organisms.
- Case preservation When a computer file system stores file names, the computer may keep or discard case information.
- Preservation Island A low and undulating granite and calcarenite island, with an area of 207 ha, in south-eastern...
- Preservation Islets A close group of small granite islands, with a combined area of 0.93 ha, just north-west of...
- Great Buildings Online www
Documents hundreds of buildings and leading architects across the world with 3D models, Buildings Online, photographs and drawings, commentaries, biographies and bibliographies. Searchable.
- The Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage www
The text of the convention provided by Law-Ref. Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.org is fully indexed and crosslinked with other international documents. Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
- Umbrella Preservation www
Umbrella and portal for interrelated sites intended to help meet needs of the US preservation community. Preservation. Sections include education and training, partnerships, networking, trades, resources. Preservation.
- Cathedral Building Conservation www
Cathedral Communications provides a directory of building conservation companies, Conservation, courses and organizations, mainly in the United Kingdom. Also on-line articles and events listing. Building Conservation.
- A Cultural Heritage Search Engine www
A directory of sites related to the conservation of cultural heritage - the natural and urban landscape. Heritage Search Engine. English and Italian. Cultural Heritage Search Engine.
- An Restoration Trades Exchange www
An online business exchange for the building restoration field in America, Trades Exchange, featuring directories, job listings, trade forums, regional information. Restoration Trades Exchange.
- Independent Preservation Alumni www
Independent organization of friends and alumni of the Columbia University Historic Preservation Program. Preservation Alumni.
- International Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe www
International initiative coordinated by UNESCO, Heritage in South-Eastern Europe, aimed at strengthening regional cooperation for the protection and promotion of South-East European cultural heritage. Cultural Heritage in South-Eastern Europe.
- Architectural, The Conservation Glossary www
Architectural, Conservation Glossary, building and conservation terms explained by Neil Grieve of The Centre for Conservation and Urban Studies, University of Dundee. The Conservation Glossary.
- A Preserve and Protect www
A not-for-profit corporation providing space on the web for historic preservation and environmental protection organizations. Preserve and Protect.
- The National Center for Preservation Technology and Training www
The U. Center for Preservation Technology and Training.S. National Park Service provides searchable databases on training, materials, job opportunities, conferences, funding and its grants and projects. National Center for Preservation Technology and Training.
- Cornell Preserve Net www
Cornell University's resource for US preservationists includes listings of job opportunities and conferences, Net, along with a directory of web-sites related to historic preservation. Preserve Net.
- A Cultural Heritage Charters and Standards www
A review of the principal UNESCO and ICOMOS charters and standards for the preservation of cultural heritage by J. Heritage Charters and Standards.K. Gillon. Cultural Heritage Charters and Standards.
- Resources Preservation Directory www
Resources and research tools for historic preservation and cultural resource management in the US. Directory. Lists preservation organizations, programs, historic property for sale, news and events. Preservation Directory.
- The Heritage Preservation Services www
The US National Park Service provides illustrated guidelines for rehabilitating historic properties, Preservation Services, preservation briefs, information on tax incentives and a catalog of its publications. Heritage Preservation Services.
- Offers Ecole d'Avignon www
Offers courses and consulting in historic preservation, d'Avignon, decorative painting, and traditional building techniques. Avignon, France. Ecole d'Avignon.
- Aims Riwaq - Centre for Architectural Conservation www
Aims to safeguard Palestinian heritage. Centre for Architectural Conservation. Projects, including a national register, publications, on-line exhibition of Palestinian tiles. Riwaq - Centre for Architectural Conservation.
- Ted Pond Lily Mill Restorations www
Ted Hazen supplies extensive, Lily Mill Restorations, illustrated information on the history and technology of flour milling in America, and the restoration of watermills, with bibliography. Pond Lily Mill Restorations.
- Find USGS National Geologic Lexicon Database www
Find out about US stone names here. USGS National Geologic Lexicon Database.
- Architect Ortygia www
Architect Sergio Tinè uses his experience of conserving historic buildings in the island of Ortygia to propose a code of professional practice for urban conservation. Ortygia.
- The European Heritage Network www
The Council of Europe offers a databank on official heritage policies, Heritage Network, and a heritage portal. European Heritage Network.
- Online Old House Journal www
Online magazine. House Journal. Preservation advice for owners of old homes, restoration directory, products, classifieds, bulletin boards. Old House Journal.
- Specializes Donhead Publishing www
Specializes in practical books on building conservation, Publishing, preservation and heritage. Also publishes the Journal of Architectural Conservation: abstracts online. Donhead Publishing.
- A PreserveLA.com www
A forum and clearinghouse for the latest news, PreserveLA.com, information, and techniques concerning historic preservation and the history of Los Angeles and Southern California. PreserveLA.com.
- In Masonry Conservation Research Group www
In the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen describes its research into building stone decay, Conservation Research Group, conservation and historic preservation. Masonry Conservation Research Group.
- A Cupola www
A picture gallery of cupolas, Cupola, architecture, art, and picturesque landscapes from around the world. Also US state capitol building histories, wordplay, FAQ and Autocad links. Cupola.
- A Maisons Privées www
A French-based non-profit organization dedicated to saving and promoting the diversity of twentieth and twenty-first century architecture. Maisons Privées.
- A Atomic Age Alliance www
A volunteer organization dedicated to celebrating and preserving historic Mid Century Modernism and Atomic Age design and architecture. Atomic Age Alliance.
- A Save Ally Pally www
A joint initiative by the Alexandra Palace Charitable Trust and the BBC to redevelop Alexandra Palace in North London, Ally Pally, UK as a media campus for the knowledge age. Save Ally Pally.
- Project Bonsall Field Barn Project www
Project dedicated to the conservation and rebuilding of approximately 120 ancient field barns on Bonsall Moor, Field Barn Project, Derbyshire, England. Bonsall Field Barn Project.
- A Galinsky www
A showcase for the world's most exciting modern buildings. Galinsky. Photographs, descriptions and visitor information for more than 200 buildings across Europe, North and South America and the Asia-Pacific region, searchable by architect or region. Galinsky.
- International Archinform www
International architectural database listing thousands of built and unbuilt projects. Archinform. 20th-century architecture is the main theme. Archinform.
- Alexa: Preservation Architecture
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Preservation Architecture
- DMOZ: Preservation Architecture
dmoz.org Directory: Preservation Architecture