Art Historians Art History Arts.
- Wikipedia: The history of art focuses on objects made by humans in visual form for aesthetic purposes. Visual art can be classified in diverse ways, such as separating fine arts from applied arts; inclusively focusing on human creativity; or focusing on different media such as architecture, sculpture, painting, film, photography, and graphic arts. In recent years, technological advances have led to video art, computer art, Performance art, animation, television, and videogames. The history of art is often told as a chronology of masterpieces created during each civilization. It can thus be framed as a story of high culture, epitomized by the Wonders of the World. On the other hand, vernacular art expressions can also be integrated into art historical narratives, referred to as folk arts or craft.
- Art of Europe - The art of Europe, or Western art, encompasses the history of visual art in Europe. European prehistoric art started as mobile rock and cave painting art and was characteristic of the period between the Paleolithic and the Iron Age.
- Art history - Art history is the study of objects of art in their historical development and stylistic contexts; that is genre, design, format, and style. The study includes painting, sculpture, architecture, ceramics, furniture, and other decorative objects.
- Art periods - An art period is a phase in the development of the work of an artist, groups of artists or art movement.
- Art market - The art market is represented by a marketplace of buyers and sellers trading in the commodities, services, and works-of-art commonly associated with the various arts. The art market is also concerned with the production of new art which enters the art market.
- Art movement - An art movement is a tendency or style in art with a specific common philosophy or goal, followed by a group of artists during a restricted period of time, or, at least, with the heyday of the movement defined within a number of years.
- Ancient art - Ancient art refers to the many types of art produced by the advanced cultures of ancient societies with some form of writing, such as those of ancient China, India, Mesopotamia, Persia, Palestine, Egypt, Greece, and Rome.
- Art historians
- Art history
- Women art historians
- Art Weisberg, Gabriel P. www
Art Historian Gabriel P. Gabriel P.. Weisberg's work focuses on themes affecting French art from the middle of the nineteenth century until World War I. Weisberg, Gabriel P..
- Bernard Bernard Hall and the Representation of the Feminine in Australian Art www
Bernard Hall was the Director of the National Gallery of Victoria from 1892-1934 and Master of its Schools. Bernard Hall and the Representation of the Feminine in Australian Art.
- Collection Pateman, Trevor www
Collection of academic works in art history, Trevor, philosophy, aesthetics, psychoanalysis, political theory. Pateman, Trevor.
- Professor Margolin, Victor www
Professor of design history at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Victor. Includes journal articles, book reviews, poems, personal essays, curriculum vitae, and images from the Museum of Contemporary Art. Margolin, Victor.
- Faculty Bois, Yve-Alain www
Faculty page of Yve-Alain Bois professor of art and film history at European Graduate School, Yve-Alain, features biography, bibliography, articles and lectures. Bois, Yve-Alain.
- Features Le Goff, Raichel www
Features articles, Goff, Raichel, lectures, and seminars. Le Goff, Raichel.
- Articles, Lopez, Jonathan www
Articles, Jonathan, publications, and biography of the American art historian Jonathan Lopez. Lopez, Jonathan.
- Art de Boer, Waldemar www
Art history expert in Florence, Boer, Waldemar, Italy. Art history courses and research. de Boer, Waldemar.
- Articles, Lawner, Lynne www
Articles, Lynne, biography, publications and lectures by an Italian poet and art historian. Lawner, Lynne.
- Faculty European Graduate School - Manthia Diawara www
Faculty profile of author, Graduate School - Manthia Diawara, filmmaker, art historian, and professor of Culture and Film Manthia Diawara at European Graduate School. European Graduate School - Manthia Diawara.
- Manthia Black Spectatorship www
Manthia Diawara discussing problems of identification and resistance and the representation of blacks in the Hollywood narrative. Black Spectatorship.
- Review New York Magazine - Artist Jeff Wall at MoMA www
Review of the artist by Mark Stevens, York Magazine - Artist Jeff Wall at MoMA, published February 25, 2007 New York Magazine - Artist Jeff Wall at MoMA.
- Brief Hasselblad Foundation - Jeff Wall www
Brief biography, Foundation - Jeff Wall, featuring the artist and winner of the 2002 Hasselblad Award Hasselblad Foundation - Jeff Wall.
- From Sister Wendy's American Collection www
From PBS - Sister Wendy Beckett, Wendy's American Collection, nun and art commentator, takes viewers on a tour through six of America's greatest art museums. Sister Wendy's American Collection.
- A Mona Lisa Images for a Modern World www
A site exploring the enduring fascination of the Mona Lisa, Lisa Images for a Modern World, including history, parodies, homages and comments from site visitors. Mona Lisa Images for a Modern World.
- Alexa: Art Historians Art History
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Art Historians Art History
- DMOZ: Art Historians Art History
dmoz.org Directory: Art Historians Art History