Sites listed here will offer information and display the artwork of Individual Artisans working with multiple crafts. If the site focuses on a particular craft, please navigate to the best subsection. For sites that are selling artwork, please suggest to the most appropriate subsection of Shopping-Crafts. Sites offering business services should be suggested to Business-Consumer_Goods_and_Services-Crafts- Sites listed here must be available in English. Non English sites would belong in appropriate language section in World. Artisans Crafts Arts.
An artisan (from French: artisan , Italian: artigiano ) is a skilled craft worker who makes or creates things by hand that may be functional or strictly decorative, for example furniture, decorative arts, sculptures, clothing, jewellery, household items and tools or even mechanical mechanisms such as the handmade clockwork movement of a watchmaker. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An artisan is a skilled craft worker who makes or creates things by hand that may be or strictly decorative, for example furniture, decorative arts, sculptures, clothing, jewellery, food items, household items and tools or even mechanisms such as the handmade clockwork movement of a watchmaker. Artisans practice a craft and may through experience and aptitude reach the expressive levels of an artist. The adjective "artisanal" is sometimes used in describing hand-processing in what is usually viewed as an industrial process, such as in the phrase artisanal mining. Thus, "artisanal" is sometimes used in marketing and advertising as a buzz word to describe or imply some relation with the crafting of handmade food products, such as bread, beverages or cheese. Many of these have traditionally been handmade, rural or pastoral goods but are also now commonly made on a larger scale with automated mechanization in factories and other industrial areas.
- Applied art - The applied arts are the application of design and decoration to everyday objects to make them aesthetically pleasing. The term is applied in distinction to the fine arts which aims to produce objects which are beautiful or provide intellectual stimulation. In practice, the two often overlap.
- Artist - An artist is a person engaged in an activity related to creating art, practicing the arts, or demonstrating an art. The common usage in both everyday speech and academic discourse is a practitioner in the visual arts only.
- Arts and Crafts movement - The Arts and Crafts movement was an international movement in the decorative and fine arts that began in Britain and flourished in Europe and North America between about 1880 and 1920, emerging in Japan in the 1920s.
- Caste ? Tarkhan
- Guild - A guild is an association of artisans or merchants who oversee the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of tradesmen.
- Handicraft - A handicraft, sometimes more precisely expressed as artisanal handicraft or handmade, is any of a wide variety of types of work where useful and decorative objects are made completely by hand or by using only simple tools.
- Craft occupations
- Arts occupations
- Examples Cooper, Jennifer www
Examples of parchment craft, Jennifer, teabag-folding and embroidered pin-pricked cards. Cooper, Jennifer.
- Jon Guardian.co.uk - Disappearing Acts www
Jon Henley's series about artisans practicing old and now disappearing crafts. Disappearing Acts. Includes slideshows of each. Guardian.co.uk - Disappearing Acts.
- Artist's Bo Breda www
Artist's resume and gallery of work in fiber, Breda, beads, garments, and sculpture. Bo Breda.
- Gail Larned Marlow Studios www
Gail Larned, Marlow Studios, fiber artist offers one of a kind artwork for residential, corporate and institutional settings. Eric Marlow, jewelry designer creates one of a kind and limited edition jewelry in precious metals. Larned Marlow Studios.
- Craft Holly Christian www
Craft design, Christian, project portfolio and design and writing services, from Minneapolis based artist. Holly Christian.
- Resource Balloons Worldwide Balloon Decorating Network www
Resource for event planners to locate professional balloon decorators worldwide. Balloons Worldwide Balloon Decorating Network.
- A David Pearson www
A balloon entertainer in Queensland, Pearson, Australia. Available for events, promotions, and parties. David Pearson.
- View Tony Stubblefield www
View the baskets by St. Stubblefield. Louis artist Tony Stubblefield. Featuring Appalachian, Shaker, Nantucket and contemporary styles plus a gallery of baskets collected from around the world. Tony Stubblefield.
- Contemporary Debora Muhl www
Contemporary basket artist provides information and images of work. Debora Muhl.
- Kevin Peffers Plane and Anvil www
Kevin Peffers, Plane and Anvil, a blacksmith and cabinetmaker creates unique furniture, railings, gates, doors, and grills, from iron and wood. Peffers Plane and Anvil.
- Hand-forged Witzke Ironworks www
Hand-forged wrought ironwork for the home from the entryway to the back porch offered by George Witzke in Camp Verde, Ironworks, Arizona. Witzke Ironworks.
- Artist Zephyrine Press www
Artist Jocelyn Bergen limited edition handmade books. Press. Folded paper structures including concertinas and flexagons. Zephyrine Press.
- Includes Richard Kegler Books www
Includes a brief overview of the thousands of blank books and a select few book editions from book artist Richard Kegler. Richard Kegler Books.
- Hand My Mothers Garden www
Hand crafted ceramic art for the garden by Karrita Renzelmann. Mothers Garden. Including birdhouses, garden goddesses, toadstools, garden spheres, wall planters and garden quotes. My Mothers Garden.
- Features Mudcat Pottery www
Features functional pottery, Pottery, ceramic sculpture and tiles by Darlene Yarnetsky. Madison, Indiana. Mudcat Pottery.
- Floral Beth O'Reilly www
Floral designer and sculptor based in Austin, O'Reilly, Texas. Includes a statement from the artist and image galleries of her contemporary arrangements, weddings bouquets, and sculptured art. Beth O'Reilly.
- Includes Pauline Runkle's Floral Artistry www
Includes a biography and image galleries of her garden-inspired designs and details lectures, Runkle's Floral Artistry, national awards and press appearances. Pauline Runkle's Floral Artistry.
- Alexa: Artisans Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Artisans Crafts
- DMOZ: Artisans Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Artisans Crafts