Sites listed here will offer information and display the artwork of Individual Artisans working with multiple crafts. If the site focuses on a particular craft, please navigate to the best subsection. For sites that are selling artwork, please suggest to the most appropriate subsection of Shopping-Crafts. Sites offering business services should be suggested to Business-Consumer_Goods_and_Services-Crafts- Sites listed here must be available in English. Non English sites would belong in appropriate language section in World. Artisans Crafts Arts.
An artisan (from French: artisan , Italian: artigiano ) is a skilled craft worker who makes or creates things by hand that may be functional or strictly decorative, for example furniture, decorative arts, sculptures, clothing, jewellery, household items and tools or even mechanical mechanisms such as the handmade clockwork movement of a watchmaker. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An artisan is a skilled craft worker who makes or creates things by hand that may be or strictly decorative, for example furniture, decorative arts, sculptures, clothing, jewellery, food items, household items and tools or even mechanisms such as the handmade clockwork movement of a watchmaker. Artisans practice a craft and may through experience and aptitude reach the expressive levels of an artist. The adjective "artisanal" is sometimes used in describing hand-processing in what is usually viewed as an industrial process, such as in the phrase artisanal mining. Thus, "artisanal" is sometimes used in marketing and advertising as a buzz word to describe or imply some relation with the crafting of handmade food products, such as bread, beverages or cheese. Many of these have traditionally been handmade, rural or pastoral goods but are also now commonly made on a larger scale with automated mechanization in factories and other industrial areas.
- Applied art - The applied arts are the application of design and decoration to everyday objects to make them aesthetically pleasing. The term is applied in distinction to the fine arts which aims to produce objects which are beautiful or provide intellectual stimulation. In practice, the two often overlap.
- Artist - An artist is a person engaged in an activity related to creating art, practicing the arts, or demonstrating an art. The common usage in both everyday speech and academic discourse is a practitioner in the visual arts only.
- Arts and Crafts movement - The Arts and Crafts movement was an international movement in the decorative and fine arts that began in Britain and flourished in Europe and North America between about 1880 and 1920, emerging in Japan in the 1920s.
- Caste ? Tarkhan
- Guild - A guild is an association of artisans or merchants who oversee the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of tradesmen.
- Handicraft - A handicraft, sometimes more precisely expressed as artisanal handicraft or handmade, is any of a wide variety of types of work where useful and decorative objects are made completely by hand or by using only simple tools.
- Craft occupations
- Arts occupations
- Artist's Bo Breda www
Artist's resume and gallery of work in fiber, Breda, beads, garments, and sculpture. Bo Breda.
- Examples Cooper, Jennifer www
Examples of parchment craft, Jennifer, teabag-folding and embroidered pin-pricked cards. Cooper, Jennifer.
- Craft Holly Christian www
Craft design, Christian, project portfolio and design and writing services, from Minneapolis based artist. Holly Christian.
- Jon Guardian.co.uk - Disappearing Acts www
Jon Henley's series about artisans practicing old and now disappearing crafts. Disappearing Acts. Includes slideshows of each. Guardian.co.uk - Disappearing Acts.
- Gail Larned Marlow Studios www
Gail Larned, Marlow Studios, fiber artist offers one of a kind artwork for residential, corporate and institutional settings. Eric Marlow, jewelry designer creates one of a kind and limited edition jewelry in precious metals. Larned Marlow Studios.
- Balloon St. David Ballooning www
Balloon sculpturing services based in Malaysia to enhance a function. St. David Ballooning.
- Resource Balloons Worldwide Balloon Decorating Network www
Resource for event planners to locate professional balloon decorators worldwide. Balloons Worldwide Balloon Decorating Network.
- View Tony Stubblefield www
View the baskets by St. Stubblefield. Louis artist Tony Stubblefield. Featuring Appalachian, Shaker, Nantucket and contemporary styles plus a gallery of baskets collected from around the world. Tony Stubblefield.
- Offers The Wicker Woman www
Offers wicker furniture repair and chair caning. Wicker Woman. Also creates wicker baskets made with deer antlers and teaches caning, wicker repair, basketry. The Wicker Woman.
- This Colpi di Martello www
This Italian workshop displays its custom hand forged iron creations: bed-heads, Martello, house furnishing, tables, window grids, hangers, candlesticks and candelabras. Colpi di Martello.
- Handcrafted Cotswold Decorative Ironworkers www
Handcrafted wrought iron gates, Decorative Ironworkers, gazebos, rose arches, bridges, benches, tables and chairs. Also offers architectural salvage. Cotswold Decorative Ironworkers.
- Gallery Andrew Eason www
Gallery of artists' books. Eason. Includes several complete books and surveys of others. Also includes links, prices and contact details. Andrew Eason.
- Artist, David Esslemont www
Artist, Esslemont, designer, printer and bookbinder who publishes fine books and prints in limited editions. Commissions accepted. David Esslemont.
- Features Swamp Lily's www
Features decorative and functional pieces created using a variety of glazing techniques by Louisiana based artist. Lily's. Gallery, resume and list of distributors. Swamp Lily's.
- Traditional The Potters Barn www
Traditional pottery producing stoneware, Potters Barn, terracota and Raku pieces. samples of available glazes, information on classes, and children's parties. Based in UK. The Potters Barn.
- Creates Bea Schriver Florals www
Creates custom fresh and permanent arrangements for weddings, Schriver Florals, events and home interiors. Based in Wilton, Connecticut. Bea Schriver Florals.
- Noted Paula Pryke Flowers www
Noted floral artist, Pryke Flowers, author and teacher. Includes image galleries of her specialty and wedding designs and information on her books and school. Paula Pryke Flowers.
- Alexa: Artisans Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Artisans Crafts
- DMOZ: Artisans Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Artisans Crafts