Enameling Crafts Arts.
Vitreous enamel, also called porcelain enamel, is a material made by fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between 750 and 850 °C (1,380 and 1,560 °F). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Vitreous enamel, also called porcelain enamel, is a material made by fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between. The powder melts, flows, and then hardens to a smooth, durable coating. The word comes from the Latin vitreum, meaning "glass". Enamel can be used on metal, glass, ceramics, stone, or any material that will withstand the fusing temperature. In technical terms fired enamelware is an integrated layered composite of glass and another material. The term "enamel" is most often restricted to work on metal, which is the subject of this article. Enamelled glass is also called "painted", and overglaze decoration to pottery is often called enamelling. Enamelling is an old and widely adopted technology, for most of its history mainly used in jewelry and decorative art. Since the 19th century, enamels have also been applied to many consumer objects, such as some cooking vessels, steel sinks, enamel bathtubs, and stone countertops.
- Vitreous enamel Category
- Ceramic glaze - Ceramic glaze is an impervious layer or coating of a vitreous substance which has been fused to a ceramic body through firing. Glaze can serve to color, decorate or waterproof an item.
- Franz Ullrich ? founder of a German enamelware factory.
- Fred Uhl Ball ? American enamellist who created the largest known enamel mural.
- Nineveh - Nineveh ; was an ancient Assyrian city of Upper Mesopotamia, located on the outskirts of Mosul in modern-day northern Iraq. It is located on the eastern bank of the Tigris River, and was the capital of the Neo-Assyrian Empire.
- Oskar Schindler - Oskar Schindler was a German industrialist and a member of the Nazi Party who is credited with saving the lives of 1,200 Jews during the Holocaust by employing them in his enamelware and ammunitions factories in occupied Poland and the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.
- Rostov the Great ? a city renowned for its enamel work.
- Ceramic glazes
- Ceramic art
- Glass compositions
- Glass applications
- Dedicated Glass On Metal - The Enamelist's Magazine www
Dedicated to enamels and enameling. Metal - The Enamelist's Magazine. A large compendium of techniques, ideas, research and technology, history, news and resources on vitreous enamel. Glass On Metal - The Enamelist's Magazine.
- Informative Society of Dutch Enamellers www
Informative articles about enamelling and special techniques, Dutch Enamellers, book reviews, international list of suppliers, art gallery, diary of exhibitions, question and answer section, and an eNewsletter. Society of Dutch Enamellers.
- Enamel Plique-a-Jour Enamels www
Enamel works and brief description of the plique-a-jour enameling technique. Enamels. This is the style reminiscent of Art Nouveau and which resembles miniature stained glass. Plique-a-Jour Enamels.
- A Enamelist www
A look at enameling glass onto metal, Enamelist, through the work of artist Averill Shepps. Enamelist.
- A The Enamelist Society, Inc. www
A volunteer arts organization founded in 1987 for the purpose of promoting the art of enameling. The Enamelist Society, Inc..
- Displays Ricky Frank Enamels www
Displays gold and silver cloisonne jewelry decorated with vitreous enamel. Frank Enamels. Includes information on technique, show listings, and new work. Ricky Frank Enamels.
- Yvonne Enamels and Gems www
Yvonne Freeborn provides enamelling demonstrations in South East England. Enamels and Gems.
- Custom Margot Page - Enameling on Steel www
Custom work mounted on a variety of media including vases, Page - Enameling on Steel, glass blocks, plates, canisters and jewelry. Designs include exotica of far away places. Margot Page - Enameling on Steel.
- Group Northern California Enamel Guild www
Group active in promoting the art of enameling. California Enamel Guild. Hosts conference, workshops, and displays examples of member's work. Northern California Enamel Guild.
- Alexa: Enameling Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Enameling Crafts
- DMOZ: Enameling Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Enameling Crafts