History of stained glass as a material from medieval times to the present, including well-known and not-so-well-known artists and craftspeople who have made significant contributions to the craft and to the art of its design. History Stained Glass Crafts Arts.
History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- History The study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before...
- History of the world The history of humanity, as determined from archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and...
- History of the Earth The history of Earth concerns the development of planet Earth from its formation to the present day.
- Philosophy of history The philosophical study of history and the past.
- Medical history The medical history or case history of a patient is information gained by a physician by asking...
- Changelog A log or record of all notable changes made to a project.
- History The Histories of Herodotus is now considered the founding work of history in Western literature.
- History (band) A South Korean boy group formed by LOEN Entertainment in 2013.
- History (U.S. TV network) A history-based digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by A&E Networks, a...
- Herstory Herstory is story written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told...
- Stuart Corpus Narratologica www
Stuart Whatling's high-resolution photographs of medieval narrative art, Narratologica, concentrating on French 13th century stained glass. Corpus Narratologica.
- Clare Andrew Stoddart of Nottingham www
Clare Edwards provides photographs and a brief biography of this British artist, Stoddart of Nottingham, together with some of his sketches, designs and church windows. Andrew Stoddart of Nottingham.
- The The Stained Glass Windows of Memorial Hall, Harvard University www
The collection of stained glass in Memorial Hall comprises a veritable museum of American stained glass. Stained Glass Windows of Memorial Hall, Harvard University. Descriptions and photos of the windows, by various English and American designers. The Stained Glass Windows of Memorial Hall, Harvard University.
- Perette Michelli's History of Stained Glass www
Perette Elizabeth Michelli has gathered a collection of links to stained glass resources and added her own commentary, History of Stained Glass, which provides a history. Michelli's History of Stained Glass.
- On-line Light Screens: The Leaded Glass of Frank Lloyd Wright www
On-line version of an exhibition about Frank Lloyd Wright's designs for stained-glass windows. Light Screens: The Leaded Glass of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- San Medieval Stained Glass www
San Jose State University provides an extensive gallery of expandable images, Stained Glass, accessed via pull-down menu and selection from an array. Basic information is given for each. Medieval Stained Glass.
- Biographies Margaret Agnes Rope and Margaret Edith Rope www
Biographies and works of the Rope cousins, Agnes Rope and Margaret Edith Rope, who worked in the Arts and Crafts style, with photographs. Margaret Agnes Rope and Margaret Edith Rope.
- History The Windows of Judson www
History of the stained-glass windows designed by John La Farge in the 1890s for the socially aware, Windows of Judson, arts-oriented community at Judson Memorial Church, New York, and commentary on their restoration. The Windows of Judson.
- Exhibit Medieval Stained Glass Windows from Esslingen am Neckar www
Exhibit of 13th and 14th-century German stained glass. Stained Glass Windows from Esslingen am Neckar. Full-color images, with commentary on background, techniques, construction, and artistic themes. Medieval Stained Glass Windows from Esslingen am Neckar.
- A The Windows of St. Chapelle, Paris, France. 1243-48 www
A page of pictures of the windows of this church, Windows of St. Chapelle, Paris, France. 1243-48, by Prof. Jeffery Howe from Boston College. Part of his site 'A Digital Archive of Architecture'. The Windows of St. Chapelle, Paris, France. 1243-48.
- A Stained Glass Photography www
A comprehensive guide to the stained glass of William Morris, Glass Photography, Henry Holiday, Edward Burne-Jones, Charles Kempe, Louis Tiffany and others in churches throughout the world. From P. Neil Ralley. Stained Glass Photography.
- Houses The Stained Glass Museum, Ely Cathedral www
Houses a national collection of British stained glass. Stained Glass Museum, Ely Cathedral. The illustrated online catalogue can be browsed by designer, subject, date or place. Includes brief biographies of designers. The Stained Glass Museum, Ely Cathedral.
- Photographic Buckinghamshire Stained Glass www
Photographic directory of stained glass windows throughout this English county, Stained Glass, with indices of artists, maker's marks, locations, subjects, dates and dedicatees. Buckinghamshire Stained Glass.
- The Corpus Vitrearum Medii Aevi www
The British section (funded by the British Academy) of an international survey of stained glass. Vitrearum Medii Aevi. Searchable image database (with over 10,000 colour images), and online ordering for related publications. Corpus Vitrearum Medii Aevi.
- Information The Stained Glass of St Salvator's Chapel www
Information about the windows of this chapel at the University of St Andrews in Scotland, Stained Glass of St Salvator's Chapel, a rare and beautiful example of Late Gothic architecture. The Stained Glass of St Salvator's Chapel.
- A The Windows of St. Etienne, Bourges, France www
A page of pictures of the windows of this church, Windows of St. Etienne, Bourges, France, by Prof. Jeffery Howe from Boston College. Part of his site 'A Digital Archive of Architecture'. The Windows of St. Etienne, Bourges, France.
- Aims Friends of the Windows of St. James Chapel www
Aims to preserve the stained-glass windows created in 1918 by the John J. the Windows of St. James Chapel. Kinsella Company at Archbishop Quigley Preparatory Seminary in Chicago. History, campaign news and calendar of events. Friends of the Windows of St. James Chapel.
- Designed St Martin's Pre-Raphaelite Church, Brampton, Cumbria www
Designed by the Pre-Raphaelite architect Philip Webb, Martin's Pre-Raphaelite Church, Brampton, Cumbria, with stained glass windows designed by Sir Edward Burne-Jones, and executed in the William Morris studio. History of the building, and photos of the windows. St Martin's Pre-Raphaelite Church, Brampton, Cumbria.
- Window St Mary's Church Whitton www
Window designed by Burne-Jones and executed by William Morris in Norman church in Shropshire. St Mary's Church Whitton.
- Images Great Buildings Online: Cathedrals www
Images and information on some of the best-known European cathedrals. Great Buildings Online: Cathedrals.
- The Ouspenie (Dormition) Cathedral, Rostov, Russia www
The official site provides an outline history and many photographs of this onion-domed church of c. (Dormition) Cathedral, Rostov, Russia.1500, with its ornate interior. Ouspenie (Dormition) Cathedral, Rostov, Russia.
- Two Holiday, Henry: Glasby Windows - Marown www
Two examples of Holiday's windows in Surrey, Henry: Glasby Windows - Marown, UK. Holiday, Henry: Glasby Windows - Marown.
- A Holiday, Henry (1839-1927) www
A brief biography of Henry Holiday, Henry (1839-1927), a Pre-Raphaelite stained glass designer, who was a friend of Edward Burne-Jones, and who has a similar style. Examples of his work in Cumbria are given. From Visit Cumbria. Holiday, Henry (1839-1927).
- A Kempe, Charles Eamer (1837-1907 ) www
A comprehensive biography of Charles E Kempe, Charles Eamer (1837-1907 ), Victorian stained glass designer, whose distinctive style in stained glass reached the peak of popularity in the late 19th century. From Churchmouse. Kempe, Charles Eamer (1837-1907 ).
- The The Kempe Memorial www
The memorial to Charles Eamer Kempe in the South Transept of Chichester Cathedral, Kempe Memorial, designed by John Lisle. The Kempe Memorial.
- Features Stained Glass of William Morris Company www
Features over 100 images of mostly 19th century stained glass windows by William Morris Company. Stained Glass of William Morris Company.
- Links Morris, William: stained-glass designs www
Links to (mostly) individual images of Morris stained-glass designs. Morris, William: stained-glass designs.
- Long Tiffany, Louis Comfort: The Rivalry Between Him and John La Farge www
Long illustrated article on the competition between La Farge and Tiffany, Louis Comfort: The Rivalry Between Him and John La Farge, both of whom claimed to have invented American opalescent stained glass, both of whom trademarked it, their legal battle and its outcome. Tiffany, Louis Comfort: The Rivalry Between Him and John La Farge.
- Provides Tiffany Exhibition Virtual Tour www
Provides a panoramic tour of the artist's works in Montreal on high detail. Tiffany Exhibition Virtual Tour.
- Specializes Christian Ryan www
Specializes in the design and fabrication of contemporary architectural glass art. Christian Ryan.
- Studio Scholes Studios www
Studio specializing in custom designed stained, Studios, sandblasted and fused glass. Scholes Studios.
- Alexa: History Stained
Alexa Directory Top Sites: History Stained
- DMOZ: History Stained
dmoz.org Directory: History Stained