This section is for general jewelry sites that Do Not sell their products from their web pages. Jewelry for sale can be found in the Shopping: Jewelry categories. Jewelry Crafts Arts.
Jewellery may be made from a wide range of materials. Gemstones and similar materials such as amber and coral, precious metals, beads, and shells have been widely used, and enamel has often been important. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Jewellery or jewelry consists of small decorative items worn for personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, pendants, bracelets, and cufflinks. Jewellery may be attached to the body or the clothes, and the term is restricted to durable ornaments, excluding flowers for example. For many centuries metal, often combined with gemstones, has been the normal material for jewellery, but other materials such as shells and other plant materials may be used. It is one of the oldest type of archaeological artefact ? with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery. The basic forms of jewellery vary between cultures but are often extremely long-lived; in European cultures the most common forms of jewellery listed above have persisted since ancient times, while other forms such as adornments for the nose or ankle, important in other cultures, are much less common.
- Jewellery Category
- Art jewelry - Art jewelry is one of the names given to jewelry created by studio craftspeople. As the name suggests, art jewelry emphasizes creative expression and design, and is characterized by the use of a variety of materials, often commonplace or of low economic value.
- Estate jewelry - Estate jewelry is a term used, most commonly in a retail sense, to refer to jewelry and often timepieces which are part of the 'estate' of a deceased person.
- Heirloom - In popular usage, an heirloom is something, perhaps an antique or some kind of jewelry, that has been passed down for generations through family members.
- Live insect jewelry - Live insect jewelry refers to jewelry made from living creatures ? usually bejeweled oversized insects ? which is worn as a fashion accessory. The use of insects as live jewelry has existed for many centuries, with the Egyptians believed to have been the first to have worn insects as jewelry.
- Gemology - Gemology or gemmology is the science dealing with natural and artificial gemstone materials. It is considered a geoscience and a branch of mineralogy. Some jewelers are academically trained gemologists and are qualified to identify and evaluate gems.
- Jewellery cleaning - Jewelry cleaning is the practice of removing dirt or tarnish from jewelry to improve its appearance.
- Human appearance
- Fashion accessories
- Presents Ganoskin www
Presents articles, Ganoskin, tips, and book reviews relating to various aspects of the gem and jewelry businesses. Ganoskin.
- Exhibition Filigree - Russian jewelry! www
Exhibition of handmade items by members of the Union Artists of Lithuania. Russian jewelry!. Links to related sites. Filigree - Russian jewelry!.
- Vintage AllModern.de www
Vintage modernist jewelry: focus on artisan Scandinavian silver 1950s to 1980s. AllModern.de.
- Handcrafted Seven Fingers www
Handcrafted jewelry by Tom Herman. Fingers. Wedding rings, brooches, earrings, and necklaces. Most pieces feature semi-precious stones surrounded by carved gold or other precious metals. Show list and artist information. Seven Fingers.
- British Alan Craxford www
British jeweller makes contemporary pieces of gem-set jewellery in precious metals. Alan Craxford.
- Beaded Beadnik's www
Beaded bottles, Beadnik's, barrettes, bracelets, earrings, odds and ends, necklaces, ornaments. Includes instructions for various objects including beaded ornament covers and free beadwork patterns. Beadnik's.
- Tips, Troll Beads www
Tips, Beads, hints and more on troll beads and how to use them in be your various beading projects. They can be used by the beginner beader as well as experienced one. Troll Beads.
- Features Nicole Campanella Beadwright www
Features hand crafted beaded jewelry and art. Campanella Beadwright. Free beading designs by Nicole. Nicole Campanella Beadwright.
- Features Suzanne Cooper's Bead and Stained Glass www
Features technique instruction pages, Cooper's Bead and Stained Glass, free patterns, kits, bulletin board and several photo galleries. Suzanne Cooper's Bead and Stained Glass.
- Lucie Lucie Weber www
Lucie Weber, Weber, création originale de bijoux, la deuxième vie du bouton. Lucie Weber.
- Atelier Comte, Michel www
Atelier situé au cœur des Pyrénées, Michel, cet artisan dessine, sculpte, fond, soude, sertit et grave. Présente ses travaux. Comte, Michel.
- Showcase Mars Unique Jewelry Design www
Showcase and catalog of artisan jewelry crafted in fine metals and gemstones. Mars Unique Jewelry Design.
- Step The Rock Tumbling Hobby Site www
Step by step guide, Rock Tumbling Hobby Site, including tips on equipment and stone selection, preparation, and polishing. The Rock Tumbling Hobby Site.
- Offers New Approach School for Jewelers www
Offers jewelry training in stone setting and platinumsmithing, Approach School for Jewelers, mixes traditional craftsmanship with 3-D learning tools. New Approach School for Jewelers.
- Highlights Techniques of Jewelry www
Highlights of broad aspects of jewelry making, Jewelry, from choosing the right tools to gemstone setting. Techniques of Jewelry.
- Alexa: Jewelry Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Jewelry Crafts
- DMOZ: Jewelry Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Jewelry Crafts