This section is for general jewelry sites that Do Not sell their products from their web pages. Jewelry for sale can be found in the Shopping: Jewelry categories. Jewelry Crafts Arts.
Jewellery may be made from a wide range of materials. Gemstones and similar materials such as amber and coral, precious metals, beads, and shells have been widely used, and enamel has often been important. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Jewellery or jewelry consists of small decorative items worn for personal adornment, such as brooches, rings, necklaces, earrings, pendants and bracelets. Jewellery may be attached to the body or the clothes, and the term is restricted to durable ornaments, excluding flowers for example. For many centuries metal, often combined with gemstones, has been the normal material for jewellery, but other materials such as shells and other plant materials may be used. It is one of the oldest type of archaeological artefact ? with 100,000-year-old beads made from Nassarius shells thought to be the oldest known jewellery. The basic forms of jewellery vary between cultures but are often extremely long-lived; in European cultures the most common forms of jewellery listed above have persisted since ancient times, while other forms such as adornments for the nose or ankle, important in other cultures, are much less common.
- Jewellery Category
- Art jewelry - Art jewelry is one of the names given to jewelry created by studio craftspeople. As the name suggests, art jewelry emphasizes creative expression and design, and is characterized by the use of a variety of materials, often commonplace or of low economic value.
- Estate jewelry - Estate jewelry is a term used, most commonly in a retail sense, to refer to jewelry and often timepieces which are part of the 'estate' of a deceased person.
- Heirloom - In popular usage, an heirloom is something, perhaps an antique or some kind of jewelry, that has been passed down for generations through family members.
- Live insect jewelry - Live insect jewelry refers to jewelry made from living creatures ? usually bejeweled oversized insects ? which is worn as a fashion accessory. The use of insects as live jewelry has existed for many centuries, with the Egyptians believed to have been the first to have worn insects as jewelry.
- Gemology - Gemology or gemmology is the science dealing with natural and artificial gemstone materials. It is considered a geoscience and a branch of mineralogy. Some jewelers are academically trained gemologists and are qualified to identify and evaluate gems.
- Jewellery cleaning - Jewelry cleaning is the practice of removing dirt or tarnish from jewelry to improve its appearance.
- Human appearance
- Fashion accessories
- Exhibition Filigree - Russian jewelry! www
Exhibition of handmade items by members of the Union Artists of Lithuania. Russian jewelry!. Links to related sites. Filigree - Russian jewelry!.
- Presents Ganoskin www
Presents articles, Ganoskin, tips, and book reviews relating to various aspects of the gem and jewelry businesses. Ganoskin.
- Vintage AllModern.de www
Vintage modernist jewelry: focus on artisan Scandinavian silver 1950s to 1980s. AllModern.de.
- The Knot Working www
The pearl jewelry and decorative art of Jo Adell, Working, with a developing retrospective of the fine art jewelry of Carrie Adell. Knot Working.
- South Patrick Jelk www
South Australian artist offers sculptural jewellery. Jelk. Gallery of recent work and collections, list of past exhibitions and brief biography. Patrick Jelk.
- Discusses Art Bead Scene www
Discusses beading and new techniques. Bead Scene. Every Monday there is a featured "Designer of the Week". There are also jewelry making articles, trend updates and other links relevant to beaders. Art Bead Scene.
- Beaded Beadnik's www
Beaded bottles, Beadnik's, barrettes, bracelets, earrings, odds and ends, necklaces, ornaments. Includes instructions for various objects including beaded ornament covers and free beadwork patterns. Beadnik's.
- Free CheckerBeads www
Free Beadwork patterns and projects. CheckerBeads.
- Native Silentwinds www
Native American inspired beadwork with links to my other site that shows ceremonial pipestone pipes. Silentwinds.
- Présentation Goosens www
Présentation en photo des techniques et des matières utilisées pour la confection de ses bijoux visibles lors des défilés de haute-couture. Goosens. Paris, France. [Anglais et français.] Goosens.
- Créatrice Boucle et Bijoux www
Créatrice autodidacte de bijoux à partir de différentes matières et travaillant sur de multiples supports, Bijoux, tels que le verre, le métal, ou la pierre. Boucle et Bijoux.
- Showcase Mars Unique Jewelry Design www
Showcase and catalog of artisan jewelry crafted in fine metals and gemstones. Mars Unique Jewelry Design.
- Step The Rock Tumbling Hobby Site www
Step by step guide, Rock Tumbling Hobby Site, including tips on equipment and stone selection, preparation, and polishing. The Rock Tumbling Hobby Site.
- Offers New Approach School for Jewelers www
Offers jewelry training in stone setting and platinumsmithing, Approach School for Jewelers, mixes traditional craftsmanship with 3-D learning tools. New Approach School for Jewelers.
- The The Jeweler's Resource Bureau www
The Jewelers Resource Bureau provides marketing information for the jewelry maker and designer. The Jeweler's Resource Bureau.
- Alexa: Jewelry Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Jewelry Crafts
- DMOZ: Jewelry Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Jewelry Crafts