This section is for informational sites, image galleries, artisans, and publications about leather crafting. Leatherworking Crafts Arts.
Leather dyeing usually involves the use of spirit - or alcohol-based dyes where alcohol quickly gets absorbed into moistened leather, carrying the pigment deep into the surface. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Leather crafting or simply leathercraft is the practice of making leather into craft objects or works of art, using shaping techniques, coloring techniques or both.
- Article Regia Anglorum - Leatherwork www
Article discussing the craft of the tanner, Anglorum - Leatherwork, history of leatherworking, and everyday items made from leather. Regia Anglorum - Leatherwork.
- A The International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild www
A gallery of leather workers exchanging patterns, International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, tips, and fellowship. Includes membership information, classifieds and events. The International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild.
- Leatherworking Kingsmere Crafts www
Leatherworking introduction, Crafts, tutorials, and projects, as well as photographs and personal interests. Kingsmere Crafts.
- A Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal www
A leather-working bi-monthly with how-to, Crafters and Saddlers Journal, step-by-step instructional articles, resources and leather industry news. Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal.
- Offers SSRsi - Leatherworking www
Offers a variety of resource from processing hides to finished products. Leatherworking. From the Survival and Self-Reliance Studies Institute. SSRsi - Leatherworking.
- Tips Leather Working www
Tips and techniques. Working. Includes a glossary of terms, leather weights, hand and machine sewing and patterning. Leather Working.
- Provides Central Indiana Leathercrafters www
Provides membership and meeting information, Indiana Leathercrafters, workshops, photographs and projects by members. Central Indiana Leathercrafters.
- Open Into Leather www
Open workshop and retail store offering handcrafted apparel and accessories. Leather. Includes product details and store hours. Into Leather.
- Discusses Leatherworking in the Middle Ages www
Discusses leatherwork actually done in the Middle Ages, the Middle Ages, and 20th Century work done by reenactors and recreationists. By Marc Carlson. Leatherworking in the Middle Ages.
- Alexa: Leatherworking Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Leatherworking Crafts
- DMOZ: Leatherworking Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Leatherworking Crafts