Contains sites for crafts involving a needle and thread such as cross stitch, embroidery, and needlepoint. Needlework Crafts Arts.
Needlework is a broad term for the handicrafts of decorative sewing and textile arts. Anything that uses a needle for construction can be called needlework. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Needlework is decorative sewing and textile arts handicrafts. Anything that uses a needle for construction can be called needlework. Needlework may include related textile crafts such as crochet, worked with a hook, or tatting, worked with a shuttle.
- Needlework Category
- Royal School of Needlework - The Royal School of Needlework is a hand embroidery school in the United Kingdom, founded in 1872 and based at Hampton Court Palace since 1987.
- Community Needlecraft Showcase www
Community of needle crafters. Showcase. Includes directory of retailers, products, designers and organizations. Needlecraft Showcase.
- Graphic Tink Boord-Dill Needlework. www
Graphic images of hand-painted designs. Boord-Dill Needlework.. Features new designs and free charts for needlepoint and cross stitch. Tink Boord-Dill Needlework..
- Blog Plain & Fancy Merchant www
Blog showcasing needlework by Sandra Sullivan. Plain & Fancy Merchant.
- Sewing Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework www
Sewing related articles posted and an online forum maintained for needlework crafters. Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework.
- Textile Sharon b's In a minute ago www
Textile artist Sharon Boggon provides past exhibitions, b's In a minute ago, textiles, hand embroidery, crazy quilts, and stitching dictionary. [not suitable for all browsers] Sharon b's In a minute ago.
- Offers Stitchers Needle www
Offers instructions, Needle, patterns, tips, and tricks for crafters. Stitchers Needle.
- Information Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page www
Information about resources for needlework, Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page, embroidery, counted cross stitch, Hardanger, needlepoint and other forms of stitchery. Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page.
- Devoted National Academy of Needlearts www
Devoted to the advancement of embroidery as an art form. Academy of Needlearts. Features publications, membership and certification information. National Academy of Needlearts.
- An The Smocking Arts Guild of America www
An organization promoting smocking, Smocking Arts Guild of America, fine hand sewing and related needle arts. Provides ideas, patterns, education, communication, and quality workmanship. The Smocking Arts Guild of America.
- Survey Blackwork: An Introduction www
Survey article from Needle Pointers magazine XI:5, Introduction, Winter 1983, by Carol Algie Higginbotham, EGA certified teacher of blackwork. Modern and traditional examples, bibliography, some free charts. Blackwork: An Introduction.
- Annotated Blackwork Gallery www
Annotated links to Renaissance portraits and paintings featuring blackwork, Gallery, at the Elizabethan Practical Companion. Blackwork Gallery.
- Books Palmer/Pletsch Publishing www
Books and DVDs that teach sewing for children and adults. Publishing. Teacher training materials and patterns. Palmer/Pletsch Publishing.
- New Hard-to-Find Needlework Books www
New and out-of-print books on all forms of the needlearts. Needlework Books. Free search service. Also buys books. Hard-to-Find Needlework Books.
- A Samplers Collection at Victoriana www
A collection of eight 19th century samplers originally embroidered by Elizabeth E. Collection at Victoriana. Jacobs from Long Stowe, England. Samplers Collection at Victoriana.
- Offers Cross Stitch at About.com www
Offers forum, Stitch at About.com, tips, patterns and links. Cross Stitch at About.com.
- Linda American Folk Arts www
Linda Fontenot's charming designs, Folk Arts, incorporating cross-stitch and Hardanger. Includes her "Over The Moon Designs" collection. American Folk Arts.
- Summer Truswell Needlework Design www
Summer Louise Truswell's designs and articles. Needlework Design. Articles include fabrics, finishing pillows, and finishing Christmas ornaments. Designs incorporate cross-stitch, hardanger, and specialty stitches. Truswell Needlework Design.
- Directory EmbroideryTop.com www
Directory of embroidery and cross stitch sites. EmbroideryTop.com.
- Alexa: Needlework Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Needlework Crafts
- DMOZ: Needlework Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Needlework Crafts