Embellishing fabric with fancy needlework. There are a variety of different stitches and different kinds of embroidery such as crewel, blackwork and Brazilian. Embroidery is used a lot in creating quilts, especially crazy quilts. Embroidery Needlework Crafts Arts.
Embroidery is the handicraft of decorating fabric or other materials with needle and thread or yarn. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Embroidery is the craft of decorating fabric or other materials using a needle to apply thread or yarn.
- Embroidery Category
- Broderie de Fontenoy-le-Ch teau - Broderie de Fontenoy-le-Ch teau is a museum in Vosges, France. Opened in 1979, it is noted for its embroidery.
- Chikankari - Chikan is a traditional embroidery style from Lucknow, India. Literally translated, the word means embroidery. Believed to have been introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir, it is one of Lucknow's best known textile decoration styles.
- Chinese embroidery
- Embroidery of India - Embroidery in India includes dozens of embroidery styles that vary by region and clothing styles. Designs in Indian embroidery are formed on the basis of the texture and the design of the fabric and the stitch.
- Mary Ann Beinecke Decorative Art Collection - The Mary Ann Beinecke Decorative Art Collection is a research collection of more than 1200 volumes on textiles and decorative art subjects, which is held in the Library of the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute.
- Sachet (scented bag) - A sachet is a small cloth scented bag filled with herbs, potpourri, or aromatic ingredients. A sachet is also a small porous bag or packet containing a material intended to interact with its atmosphere; for example, desiccants are usually packed in sachets which are then placed in larger packages.
- Library Needlecrafter.com www
Library of free needlecraft designs and patterns, Needlecrafter.com, how-to articles, and a stitch dictionary. Primary focus is embroidery. Needlecrafter.com.
- Blog Waterrose Handcrafted Obsession www
Blog discussing hand embroidered personal accessories and other topics. Handcrafted Obsession. Using felt, wool, cotton and silk. Waterrose Handcrafted Obsession.
- Embroidery Pin Tangle www
Embroidery projects, Tangle, stitch directory, classes, and stitching challenges from Sharon B. Pin Tangle.
- A Embroidery Methods Guide www
A guide on a variety of embroidery techniques, Methods Guide, including cross stitch, Swedish huck weaving, punch needle, silk ribbon, blackwork, Hardanger, crewel, and machine embroidery. Embroidery Methods Guide.
- Gallery Chatelaine Designs www
Gallery of work embroidery and quilting work by Martina Weber. Designs. Online classes. Chatelaine Designs.
- Includes Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread www
Includes video tutorials for hand embroidery stitches, Corbet's Needle 'N Thread, articles and reviews on needlework supplies, floss, fabric, and threads. Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread.
- Embroidery Victorian Embroidery and Crafts www
Embroidery and craft patterns and how-to's. Embroidery and Crafts. Geared to hand embroidery. Victorian Embroidery and Crafts.
- Resource 2smock www
Resource site which also sells kits. 2smock.
- Offers Russian Punch Embroidery www
Offers history, Punch Embroidery, tips, instructions and designs for the craft. Russian Punch Embroidery.
- Showcases The Embroidery Site www
Showcases the embroidery work of Janet Holehouse, Embroidery Site, based in Manchester, England. The Embroidery Site.
- Yahoo Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery www
Yahoo group organized for the advancement and education of those interested in Brazilian dimensional embroidery. Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery.
- A Vinciolo's Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587) www
A facsimile and some modern charts of an embroidery/lace pattern book from 1587. Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587). Vinciolo's Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587).
- Online Johanna's Needlework Stitches www
Online stitch diagrams. Needlework Stitches. Stitches and tips. Johanna's Needlework Stitches.
- History, Jos Hendriks Embroidery www
History, Hendriks Embroidery, characteristics and working methods of several embroidery styles, including Assisi embroidery. Free patterns. Jos Hendriks Embroidery.
- Detailed Embroidery articles www
Detailed information about different types of embroidery. Embroidery articles.
- Vietnam XQ Silk Hand Embroidery www
Vietnam traditional hand embroidery. Silk Hand Embroidery. History, image gallery of the works, company information. XQ Silk Hand Embroidery.
- Offers Berlin Embroidery www
Offers a selection of hand embroidery tips and kits. Berlin Embroidery.
- This Flickr: Embroidery and Science www
This group is to show examples of embroidery, Embroidery and Science, textile and fibre art with a science and nature theme or base. Flickr: Embroidery and Science.
- Image Flickr: Embroidered Art www
Image gallery of embroidery as an art. Embroidered Art. Original designs. Flickr: Embroidered Art.
- Photos Flickr: Embroidered Motifs www
Photos of motifs embroidered by hand. Embroidered Motifs. Any technique: traditional embroidery, thread painting, red/ gold/ black work, silk ribbon embroidery, waste canvas work, Brazilian embroidery, stump work. Flickr: Embroidered Motifs.
- Instructions Armenian Embroidery www
Instructions and pictures of Armenian embroidery. Embroidery. Specifically Marash embroidery. Armenian Embroidery.
- Description Island Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery www
Description and history of this style of Irish whitework embroidery. Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery. Samples. Island Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery.
- Whitework, Jacqui McDonald Hand Embroidery www
Whitework, McDonald Hand Embroidery, Jacobean, Blackwork, Stumpwork, Goldwork, Knotgardens & Canvasswork. Classes and information. Jacqui McDonald Hand Embroidery.
- Embroidery Young Embroiderers www
Embroidery discovery space for children and anyone involved in textile art, Embroiderers, craft and education. Young Embroiderers.
- Information Vera Stoll Hardanger Design www
Information about Hardanger Embroidery. Stoll Hardanger Design. History and tutorial help. Vera Stoll Hardanger Design.
- Megan BellaOnline: Embroidery www
Megan McConnell writes about all forms of embroidery, Embroidery, from machine embroidery, to cross stitch. Articles and forums. BellaOnline: Embroidery.
- Celtic Celtic Cross Stitch www
Celtic cross stitch basic introduction to patterns, Cross Stitch, designs and instructions Celtic Cross Stitch.
- Links Crazy Quilt Embroidery www
Links to selected crazy quilt embroidery sites. Crazy Quilt Embroidery.
- Kalocsa Kalocsa Embroidery www
Kalocsa embroidery needlework is famous for its creative Hungarian hand embroidery patterns and designs. Kalocsa Embroidery.
- Illustrates Embroidery www
Illustrates and explores the imaginative ways embroidery has developed and is being used today. Embroidery. Archive of past articles and how to subscribe. Embroidery.
- An Sew in Love www
An embroidery student shares her projects. Sew in Love.
- A Flickr: Seam / Couture - Embroidery www
Flickr: Seam / Couture - Embroidery.
- Online Pretty Impressive Stuff: Rissa's Pieces www
Online stitch dictionary, Impressive Stuff: Rissa's Pieces, articles and information on embroidery and related form of needle art, free patterns and instructions. Pretty Impressive Stuff: Rissa's Pieces.
- Embroidery JMD Designs www
Embroidery history and information on many styles of embroidery, Designs, traditional and contemporary, embroidery tips and tutorials. JMD Designs.
- Group Flickr: Embroidery www
Group for posting pictures of in progress and finished works. Flickr: Embroidery.
- Samples Jean Fletcher's Stumpwork www
Samples of completed work and free patterns to download. Jean Fletcher's Stumpwork.
- Dayton Dayton OH Chapter, Embroiderers' Guild of America www
Dayton Ohio Chapter, Chapter, Embroiderers' Guild of America, Embroiderers' Guild of America Dayton OH Chapter, Embroiderers' Guild of America.
- Represents Sun Region EGA www
Represents the chapters in Florida. Region EGA. Seminar information, chapter meeting times, membership information. Sun Region EGA.
- The All Saints Church, Rotherfield Peppard www
The Millennium Tapestry is located at the rear of the building. Saints Church, Rotherfield Peppard. Scenes on the tapestry depict some of the features that characterise Peppard. All Saints Church, Rotherfield Peppard.
- Community Leeds Tapestry 2000 www
Community art project embroidered to celebrate the millennium, Tapestry 2000, consisting of 16 panels of needlework in a fabric collage. Leeds Tapestry 2000.
- A Sharon B's Stitch Index www
A comprehensive stitch index resource for crazy quilters. Sharon B's Stitch Index.
- These Can-bra National Crazy Quilt retreat 2004 www
These Australian Crazy quilt bras were made to raise money for breast cancer research. Can-bra National Crazy Quilt retreat 2004.
- Seller Jean's Blossoming Bunka www
Seller of Tokyo Bunka, Blossoming Bunka, Matsuhato embroidery kits and many accessories. Jean's Blossoming Bunka.
- The Japanese Embroidery Gallery www
The Japanese embroidery gallery pages display the work and designs of Japanese embroidery students throughout the world. Japanese Embroidery Gallery.
- Yahoo Yahoo Group Silkribbon www
Yahoo group to discuss projects, Group Silkribbon, share tips and techniques in a creative environment. All levels welcome. Yahoo Group Silkribbon.
- Hand Threads for Africa www
Hand dyed embroidery thread and classes by Ria. for Africa. Cape Town, South Africa. Threads for Africa.
- Community Needlecraft Showcase www
Community of needle crafters. Showcase. Includes directory of retailers, products, designers and organizations. Needlecraft Showcase.
- Blog Plain & Fancy Merchant www
Blog showcasing needlework by Sandra Sullivan. Plain & Fancy Merchant.
- Alexa: Embroidery Needlework
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Embroidery Needlework
- DMOZ: Embroidery Needlework
dmoz.org Directory: Embroidery Needlework