Embellishing fabric with fancy needlework. There are a variety of different stitches and different kinds of embroidery such as crewel, blackwork and Brazilian. Embroidery is used a lot in creating quilts, especially crazy quilts. Embroidery Needlework Crafts Arts.
Embroidery is the handicraft of decorating fabric or other materials with needle and thread or yarn. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Embroidery is the craft of decorating fabric or other materials using a needle to apply thread or yarn.
- Embroidery Category
- Broderie de Fontenoy-le-Ch teau - Broderie de Fontenoy-le-Ch teau is a museum in Vosges, France. Opened in 1979, it is noted for its embroidery.
- Chikankari - Chikan is a traditional embroidery style from Lucknow, India. Literally translated, the word means embroidery. Believed to have been introduced by Nur Jehan, the wife of Mughal emperor Jahangir, it is one of Lucknow's best known textile decoration styles.
- Chinese embroidery
- Embroidery of India - Embroidery in India includes dozens of embroidery styles that vary by region and clothing styles. Designs in Indian embroidery are formed on the basis of the texture and the design of the fabric and the stitch.
- Mary Ann Beinecke Decorative Art Collection - The Mary Ann Beinecke Decorative Art Collection is a research collection of more than 1200 volumes on textiles and decorative art subjects, which is held in the Library of the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute.
- Sachet (scented bag) - A sachet is a small cloth scented bag filled with herbs, potpourri, or aromatic ingredients. A sachet is also a small porous bag or packet containing a material intended to interact with its atmosphere; for example, desiccants are usually packed in sachets which are then placed in larger packages.
- Image Flickr: Embroidered Art www
Image gallery of embroidery as an art. Embroidered Art. Original designs. Flickr: Embroidered Art.
- A Vinciolo's Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587) www
A facsimile and some modern charts of an embroidery/lace pattern book from 1587. Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587). Vinciolo's Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587).
- Offers Berlin Embroidery www
Offers a selection of hand embroidery tips and kits. Berlin Embroidery.
- Detailed Embroidery articles www
Detailed information about different types of embroidery. Embroidery articles.
- Resource 2smock www
Resource site which also sells kits. 2smock.
- Celtic Celtic Cross Stitch www
Celtic cross stitch basic introduction to patterns, Cross Stitch, designs and instructions Celtic Cross Stitch.
- Library Needlecrafter.com www
Library of free needlecraft designs and patterns, Needlecrafter.com, how-to articles, and a stitch dictionary. Primary focus is embroidery. Needlecrafter.com.
- Megan BellaOnline: Embroidery www
Megan McConnell writes about all forms of embroidery, Embroidery, from machine embroidery, to cross stitch. Articles and forums. BellaOnline: Embroidery.
- Online Pretty Impressive Stuff: Rissa's Pieces www
Online stitch dictionary, Impressive Stuff: Rissa's Pieces, articles and information on embroidery and related form of needle art, free patterns and instructions. Pretty Impressive Stuff: Rissa's Pieces.
- Embroidery Pin Tangle www
Embroidery projects, Tangle, stitch directory, classes, and stitching challenges from Sharon B. Pin Tangle.
- Information Vera Stoll Hardanger Design www
Information about Hardanger Embroidery. Stoll Hardanger Design. History and tutorial help. Vera Stoll Hardanger Design.
- Embroidery Victorian Embroidery and Crafts www
Embroidery and craft patterns and how-to's. Embroidery and Crafts. Geared to hand embroidery. Victorian Embroidery and Crafts.
- Vietnam XQ Silk Hand Embroidery www
Vietnam traditional hand embroidery. Silk Hand Embroidery. History, image gallery of the works, company information. XQ Silk Hand Embroidery.
- Yahoo Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery www
Yahoo group organized for the advancement and education of those interested in Brazilian dimensional embroidery. Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery.
- History, Jos Hendriks Embroidery www
History, Hendriks Embroidery, characteristics and working methods of several embroidery styles, including Assisi embroidery. Free patterns. Jos Hendriks Embroidery.
- Samples Jean Fletcher's Stumpwork www
Samples of completed work and free patterns to download. Jean Fletcher's Stumpwork.
- Offers Russian Punch Embroidery www
Offers history, Punch Embroidery, tips, instructions and designs for the craft. Russian Punch Embroidery.
- Instructions Armenian Embroidery www
Instructions and pictures of Armenian embroidery. Embroidery. Specifically Marash embroidery. Armenian Embroidery.
- Whitework, Jacqui McDonald Hand Embroidery www
Whitework, McDonald Hand Embroidery, Jacobean, Blackwork, Stumpwork, Goldwork, Knotgardens & Canvasswork. Classes and information. Jacqui McDonald Hand Embroidery.
- A Embroidery Methods Guide www
A guide on a variety of embroidery techniques, Methods Guide, including cross stitch, Swedish huck weaving, punch needle, silk ribbon, blackwork, Hardanger, crewel, and machine embroidery. Embroidery Methods Guide.
- Gallery Chatelaine Designs www
Gallery of work embroidery and quilting work by Martina Weber. Designs. Online classes. Chatelaine Designs.
- Blog Waterrose Handcrafted Obsession www
Blog discussing hand embroidered personal accessories and other topics. Handcrafted Obsession. Using felt, wool, cotton and silk. Waterrose Handcrafted Obsession.
- Showcases The Embroidery Site www
Showcases the embroidery work of Janet Holehouse, Embroidery Site, based in Manchester, England. The Embroidery Site.
- Description Island Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery www
Description and history of this style of Irish whitework embroidery. Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery. Samples. Island Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery.
- Links Crazy Quilt Embroidery www
Links to selected crazy quilt embroidery sites. Crazy Quilt Embroidery.
- An Sew in Love www
An embroidery student shares her projects. Sew in Love.
- This Flickr: Embroidery and Science www
This group is to show examples of embroidery, Embroidery and Science, textile and fibre art with a science and nature theme or base. Flickr: Embroidery and Science.
- A Flickr: Seam / Couture - Embroidery www
Flickr: Seam / Couture - Embroidery.
- Embroidery Young Embroiderers www
Embroidery discovery space for children and anyone involved in textile art, Embroiderers, craft and education. Young Embroiderers.
- Embroidery JMD Designs www
Embroidery history and information on many styles of embroidery, Designs, traditional and contemporary, embroidery tips and tutorials. JMD Designs.
- Group Flickr: Embroidery www
Group for posting pictures of in progress and finished works. Flickr: Embroidery.
- Online Johanna's Needlework Stitches www
Online stitch diagrams. Needlework Stitches. Stitches and tips. Johanna's Needlework Stitches.
- Kalocsa Kalocsa Embroidery www
Kalocsa embroidery needlework is famous for its creative Hungarian hand embroidery patterns and designs. Kalocsa Embroidery.
- Photos Flickr: Embroidered Motifs www
Photos of motifs embroidered by hand. Embroidered Motifs. Any technique: traditional embroidery, thread painting, red/ gold/ black work, silk ribbon embroidery, waste canvas work, Brazilian embroidery, stump work. Flickr: Embroidered Motifs.
- Includes Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread www
Includes video tutorials for hand embroidery stitches, Corbet's Needle 'N Thread, articles and reviews on needlework supplies, floss, fabric, and threads. Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread.
- Illustrates Embroidery www
Illustrates and explores the imaginative ways embroidery has developed and is being used today. Embroidery. Archive of past articles and how to subscribe. Embroidery.
- Region South Central Region EGA www
Region area includes Texas, Central Region EGA, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Our purpose is to foster standards of excellence in the practice of embroidery through an active program of education. South Central Region EGA.
- Embroiderers' Indian River Chapter, EGA www
Embroiderers' Guild of America. River Chapter, EGA. Non profit organization to promote the study and practice of needlework. Indian River Chapter, EGA.
- It Martinstown www
It is a tiny place near Dorchester with a stream running between the road and the cottages. Martinstown. The country round is rich in the turf-covered tombs of an immemorial ancestry. Martinstown.
- This Heaton, Bradford, St Barnabas Millennium Tapestry www
This millennium tapestry was organised through church groups, Bradford, St Barnabas Millennium Tapestry, individual embroiderers chose their own techniques. Heaton, Bradford, St Barnabas Millennium Tapestry.
- Eye Flickr: CQembellishers Gallery www
Eye candy for crazy quilters. CQembellishers Gallery. Share photos of your embellishing work. Flickr: CQembellishers Gallery.
- Offers Annie's Crazy Quilt Studio www
Offers stitches, Crazy Quilt Studio, projects, and a beginners guide to crazy quilting. Also includes biography, weblog and needle book. Annie's Crazy Quilt Studio.
- Displays Temari Gallery by Kathy www
Displays photos, Gallery by Kathy, patterns, tutorials and links. Temari Gallery by Kathy.
- Temari Japanese Temari www
Temari book author, Temari, Barbara B. Suess, shares temari photos by level of stitching, free temari patterns and book information. Japanese Temari.
- Hand Threads for Africa www
Hand dyed embroidery thread and classes by Ria. for Africa. Cape Town, South Africa. Threads for Africa.
- Yahoo Yahoo Group Silkribbon www
Yahoo group to discuss projects, Group Silkribbon, share tips and techniques in a creative environment. All levels welcome. Yahoo Group Silkribbon.
- Information Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page www
Information about resources for needlework, Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page, embroidery, counted cross stitch, Hardanger, needlepoint and other forms of stitchery. Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page.
- Sewing Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework www
Sewing related articles posted and an online forum maintained for needlework crafters. Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework.
- Alexa: Embroidery Needlework
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Embroidery Needlework
- DMOZ: Embroidery Needlework
dmoz.org Directory: Embroidery Needlework