Rugmaking Needlework Crafts Arts.
Braided rugs are made by using three or more strips of fabric, usually wool, folding the raw edges to the middle and braiding them together. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Rug making is an ancient craft, and covers a variety of techniques.
- Afghan carpet - An Afghan rug is a type of handwoven floor-covering textile traditionally made in Afghanistan. Many of the Afghan rugs are also woven by Afghan refugees who reside in Pakistan. In 2008, 2013 and 2014, Afghan rug won international awards, which is held every year in Hamburg, Germany.
- Flooring - Flooring is the general term for a permanent covering of a floor, or for the work of installing such a floor covering. Floor covering is a term to generically describe any finish material applied over a floor structure to provide a walking surface.
- Gabbeh - Gabbeh or gabba carpets are a traditional variety of Persian carpet. Gabbeh is known as gava in Kurdish and Luri and is also called khersak in Bakhtiari, literally meaning a "bear's cub".
- Heatsetting - Heat setting is a term used in the textile industry to describe a thermal process taking place mostly in either a steam atmosphere or a dry heat environment.
- Knot density - Knot density is a traditional measure for quality of handmade carpets. It refers to the number of knots per unit of surface area - typically either per square inch or per square centimeter. Number of knots per unit area is directly proportional to the quality of carpet.
- Oriental rug s
- Rugs and carpets
- How The Latch Hook Page www
How to make rugs using the latch hook. Latch Hook Page. Step by step instructions and photos with sample rugs illustrated. The Latch Hook Page.
- Hooked Shirley's Rugmaking www
Hooked and prodded rugs. Rugmaking. Free instructions and photographs. Shirley's Rugmaking.
- Resources The Rug Hookers Network www
Resources for the fiber art enthusiast to locate teachers, Rug Hookers Network, suppliers, designers and see projects submitted by viewers. The Rug Hookers Network.
- Offers Leftsource.com www
Offers to create your own custom latch hook project from pictures online. Leftsource.com. Tips and instructions. Leftsource.com.
- Photos Rug Hooking by Elizabeth Black www
Photos of custom designed pieces by Elizabeth Black and future seminar information. Rug Hooking by Elizabeth Black.
- Forum Yahoo Groups: RaggedyRugs www
Forum group of rag ruggers from across the country. Groups: RaggedyRugs. Offers an open forum for questions and discussion of the craft. Yahoo Groups: RaggedyRugs.
- Sewing Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework www
Sewing related articles posted and an online forum maintained for needlework crafters. Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework.
- Information Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page www
Information about resources for needlework, Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page, embroidery, counted cross stitch, Hardanger, needlepoint and other forms of stitchery. Counted Cross Stitch, Needlework, and Stitchery Page.
- Alexa: Rugmaking Needlework
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Rugmaking Needlework
- DMOZ: Rugmaking Needlework
dmoz.org Directory: Rugmaking Needlework