Sewing Needlework Crafts Arts.
Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with a needle and thread. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with a needle and thread. Sewing is one of the oldest of the textile arts, arising in the Paleolithic era. Before the invention of spinning yarn or weaving fabric, archaeologists believe Stone Age people across Europe and Asia sewed fur and skin clothing using bone, antler or ivory needles and "thread" made of various animal body parts including sinew, catgut, and veins.
- Sewing Category
- Embroidery stitch - In everyday language, a stitch in the context of embroidery or hand-sewing is defined as the movement of the embroidery needle from the backside of the fabric to the front side and back to the back side. The thread stroke on the front side produced by this is also called stitch.
- Glossary of sewing terminology - Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with needle and thread. Sewing is one of the oldest of the textile arts, arising the in Paleolithic Era.
- Glossary of textile manufacturing - The manufacture of textiles is one of the oldest of human technologies. To make textiles, the first requirement is a source of fibre from which a yarn can be made, primarily by spinning. The yarn is processed by knitting or weaving, which turns yarn into cloth.
- Needlework - Needlework is decorative sewing and textile arts handicrafts. Anything that uses a needle for construction can be called needlework. Needlework may include related textile crafts such as crochet, worked with a hook, or tatting, worked with a shuttle.
- Notions - In sewing and haberdashery, notions are small objects or accessories, including items that are sewn or otherwise attached to a finished article, such as buttons, snaps, and collar stays. Notions also include the small tools used in sewing, such as thread, pins, marking pens, and seam rippers.
- Pattern - In sewing and fashion design, a pattern is the template from which the parts of a garment are traced onto fabric before being cut out and assembled.
- Home economics
- Directory Sewing from Better Homes and Gardens www
Directory of sewing terms and directions for free projects. Sewing from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Instructions Southern Stitches www
Instructions for handmade clothing for infants and children and machine embroidery designs. Southern Stitches.
- More Sewing at AllCrafts www
More than 40 free patterns, AllCrafts, techniques and links. Sewing at AllCrafts.
- Online McCall's Patterns Online www
Online fashion collections for great new suits, Patterns Online, the season's best dresses, Halloween costumes and crafts. McCall's Patterns Online.
- Smocking Everything Sewing www
Smocking and sewing projects and how to's. Everything Sewing.
- Sewing Sew What! www
Sewing company that offers custom home decor such as slipcovers, What!, window treatments, kids furniture, and baby bedding. Slipcover classes also taught. Located in Peoria, AZ. Sew What!.
- How Recycling Clothing Using Your Sewing Skills www
How to sew used and old textiles into new clothing. Recycling Clothing Using Your Sewing Skills.
- Offers Free Applique Patterns www
Offers free wearable applique patterns for apparel. Applique Patterns. Includes instructions. Free Applique Patterns.
- Gallery Cute Underwear Making www
Gallery of men's underwear decorated with lace and ribbon. Underwear Making. Instructions for sewing boxer and bikini with free patterns. Cute Underwear Making.
- Designing Custom Window Treatments www
Designing and sewing window treatments. Window Treatments. Contact information included. Located in Canton, Georgia. Custom Window Treatments.
- Sewing Sewing.com www
Sewing resources and content for people with interests and skills in sewing at all levels, Sewing.com, including message boards and online community, swaps, products, instruction, events calendar, patterns, and chat. Sewing.com.
- An Sewing Muse www
An index to articles published in Threads magazine since 1985. Sewing Muse.
- Sewing Sewing Machines and Patterns Review www
Sewing machines reviewed and online classes, Machines and Patterns Review, plus store, merchant gallery and message board. Sewing Machines and Patterns Review.
- Bra Bramakers Supply www
Bra making information, Supply, fabrics, supplies, classes, resources and designers. Bramakers Supply.
- Patterns, Sewing for Belly Dance www
Patterns, for Belly Dance, designs and techniques in the costumes I have made so far. This site will provide basic information for beginner sewers who dance. Sewing for Belly Dance.
- Offers Alternative Windows www
Offers illustrated instructions on making basic soft furnishings. Windows. Features a discussion forum. Alternative Windows.
- Selling Clothing Repair and How-To Tips www
Selling sewing and embroidery machines, Repair and How-To Tips, sergers, parts and accessories. How-to tips and book recommendations for building sewing skills. Clothing Repair and How-To Tips.
- A Unique Patterns Design Ltd. www
A membership pattern company to help you find patterns that fit. Unique Patterns Design Ltd..
- Five Buckets Gone Wild www
Five gallon bucket organizer pattern for crafts, Gone Wild, dollmaking and quilt supplies. Easy-to-make and follow pattern, one-piece body. Buckets Gone Wild.
- Sewing Patreese.com www
Sewing for home decor, Patreese.com, including classes and how-to videos. Patreese.com.
- Pattern Fashion CAD www
Pattern making software system for home dressmaking. CAD. Australia. Fashion CAD.
- Offers Sew USA www
Offers information about sewing machines: threading diagrams, USA, owners manuals, repair instructions. Sew USA.
- Offers BurdaStyle www
Offers copyright-free sewing patterns, BurdaStyle, step-by-step tutorials, and allows users to upload and share their work. Also includes a forum. BurdaStyle.
- Online Sew What's New www
Online community for sewers and quilters. What's New. Includes tips, free patterns and ideas. Sew What's New.
- Instructional Hip Line Media and Sew/Fit www
Hip Line Media and Sew/Fit.
- How Somewhat Stretchy www
How to draft sewing patterns for various styles of a custom-fit catsuit, Stretchy, plus a few other projects, including some very simple unrelated winter garment projects in fleece. Somewhat Stretchy.
- Sewing Jean Hardy Patterns www
Sewing patterns for women's, Hardy Patterns, men's and children's equestrian and western wear for competitive riders and special occasions. Jean Hardy Patterns.
- Answers The Sewing FAQ www
Answers frequently asked questions about sewing and provides lots of handy information about sewing tools, Sewing FAQ, techniques, and resources. The Sewing FAQ.
- Offers The Sewing Institute www
Offers instructional sewing programs for men, Sewing Institute, women and children: courses in Clothing Construction, Wearable Art, Needle-Arts and Home Décor. The Sewing Institute.
- Sewing Sensible Sewing with Shannon Gifford www
Sewing education and tips from basics to advanced, Sewing with Shannon Gifford, including an electronic newsletter and internet sewing classes. Sensible Sewing with Shannon Gifford.
- Classes, American Costume Studies www
Classes, Costume Studies, research, consultation and collection management in historical period costumes, clothing, and textiles. American Costume Studies.
- Free Costumes and Clothing for Dolls www
Free patterns added weekly in many styles. Costumes and Clothing for Dolls.
- Mega Lily Abello's Sewing Resource Guide www
Mega links for anything sewable. Lily Abello's Sewing Resource Guide.
- Each Sewing -The About.com Guide www
Each week brings hints, -The About.com Guide, tips, and simple, inexpensive projects to put your stash of fabric scraps to good use. Sewing -The About.com Guide.
- Online Johanna's Needlework Stitches www
Online stitch diagrams. Needlework Stitches. Stitches and tips. Johanna's Needlework Stitches.
- Celtic Celtic Cross Stitch www
Celtic cross stitch basic introduction to patterns, Cross Stitch, designs and instructions Celtic Cross Stitch.
- Free Sewing.org: Charitable Sewing www
Free patterns including adult bibs, Charitable Sewing, isolette covers, and wheelchair totes. Sewing.org: Charitable Sewing.
- Small Pillows4Patients www
Small pillows are made by teens in Scarsdale, Pillows4Patients, NY and donated to local children's hospitals and treatment centers. Pillows4Patients.
- A M.E.O.W. Machine Embroiders of Oregon and Washington www
A non-profit, Machine Embroiders of Oregon and Washington, educational group comprised of persons interested in machine embroidery. Information about the organization, schedule of events, membership information. M.E.O.W. Machine Embroiders of Oregon and Washington.
- Free George's Home Page www
Free machine embroidery designs (Bother/BabyLock format), Home Page, custom designs, related computer help. George's Home Page.
- Graphic Tink Boord-Dill Needlework. www
Graphic images of hand-painted designs. Boord-Dill Needlework.. Features new designs and free charts for needlepoint and cross stitch. Tink Boord-Dill Needlework..
- Sewing Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework www
Sewing related articles posted and an online forum maintained for needlework crafters. Suite 101: Sewing and Needlework.
- Alexa: Sewing Needlework
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Sewing Needlework
- DMOZ: Sewing Needlework
dmoz.org Directory: Sewing Needlework