Sewing Needlework Crafts Arts.
Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with a needle and thread. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with a needle and thread. Sewing is one of the oldest of the textile arts, arising in the Paleolithic era. Before the invention of spinning yarn or weaving fabric, archaeologists believe Stone Age people across Europe and Asia sewed fur and skin clothing using bone, antler or ivory needles and "thread" made of various animal body parts including sinew, catgut, and veins.
- Sewing Category
- Embroidery stitch - In everyday language, a stitch in the context of embroidery or hand-sewing is defined as the movement of the embroidery needle from the backside of the fabric to the front side and back to the back side. The thread stroke on the front side produced by this is also called stitch.
- Glossary of sewing terminology - Sewing is the craft of fastening or attaching objects using stitches made with needle and thread. Sewing is one of the oldest of the textile arts, arising the in Paleolithic Era.
- Glossary of textile manufacturing - The manufacture of textiles is one of the oldest of human technologies. To make textiles, the first requirement is a source of fibre from which a yarn can be made, primarily by spinning. The yarn is processed by knitting or weaving, which turns yarn into cloth.
- Needlework - Needlework is decorative sewing and textile arts handicrafts. Anything that uses a needle for construction can be called needlework. Needlework may include related textile crafts such as crochet, worked with a hook, or tatting, worked with a shuttle.
- Notions - In sewing and haberdashery, notions are small objects or accessories, including items that are sewn or otherwise attached to a finished article, such as buttons, snaps, and collar stays. Notions also include the small tools used in sewing, such as thread, pins, marking pens, and seam rippers.
- Pattern - In sewing and fashion design, a pattern is the template from which the parts of a garment are traced onto fabric before being cut out and assembled.
- Home economics
- Sewing Patreese.com www
Sewing for home decor, Patreese.com, including classes and how-to videos. Patreese.com.
- Online McCall's Patterns Online www
Online fashion collections for great new suits, Patterns Online, the season's best dresses, Halloween costumes and crafts. McCall's Patterns Online.
- Instructional Hip Line Media and Sew/Fit www
Hip Line Media and Sew/Fit.
- Sewing Jean Hardy Patterns www
Sewing patterns for women's, Hardy Patterns, men's and children's equestrian and western wear for competitive riders and special occasions. Jean Hardy Patterns.
- Answers The Sewing FAQ www
Answers frequently asked questions about sewing and provides lots of handy information about sewing tools, Sewing FAQ, techniques, and resources. The Sewing FAQ.
- Directory Sewing from Better Homes and Gardens www
Directory of sewing terms and directions for free projects. Sewing from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Offers BurdaStyle www
Offers copyright-free sewing patterns, BurdaStyle, step-by-step tutorials, and allows users to upload and share their work. Also includes a forum. BurdaStyle.
- Patterns, Sewing for Belly Dance www
Patterns, for Belly Dance, designs and techniques in the costumes I have made so far. This site will provide basic information for beginner sewers who dance. Sewing for Belly Dance.
- Pattern Fashion CAD www
Pattern making software system for home dressmaking. CAD. Australia. Fashion CAD.
- Bra Bramakers Supply www
Bra making information, Supply, fabrics, supplies, classes, resources and designers. Bramakers Supply.
- Gallery Cute Underwear Making www
Gallery of men's underwear decorated with lace and ribbon. Underwear Making. Instructions for sewing boxer and bikini with free patterns. Cute Underwear Making.
- Five Buckets Gone Wild www
Five gallon bucket organizer pattern for crafts, Gone Wild, dollmaking and quilt supplies. Easy-to-make and follow pattern, one-piece body. Buckets Gone Wild.
- Sewing Sewing.com www
Sewing resources and content for people with interests and skills in sewing at all levels, Sewing.com, including message boards and online community, swaps, products, instruction, events calendar, patterns, and chat. Sewing.com.
- Offers Alternative Windows www
Offers illustrated instructions on making basic soft furnishings. Windows. Features a discussion forum. Alternative Windows.
- Selling Clothing Repair and How-To Tips www
Selling sewing and embroidery machines, Repair and How-To Tips, sergers, parts and accessories. How-to tips and book recommendations for building sewing skills. Clothing Repair and How-To Tips.
- An Sewing Muse www
An index to articles published in Threads magazine since 1985. Sewing Muse.
- Sewing Sew What! www
Sewing company that offers custom home decor such as slipcovers, What!, window treatments, kids furniture, and baby bedding. Slipcover classes also taught. Located in Peoria, AZ. Sew What!.
- Smocking Everything Sewing www
Smocking and sewing projects and how to's. Everything Sewing.
- How Recycling Clothing Using Your Sewing Skills www
How to sew used and old textiles into new clothing. Recycling Clothing Using Your Sewing Skills.
- Designing Custom Window Treatments www
Designing and sewing window treatments. Window Treatments. Contact information included. Located in Canton, Georgia. Custom Window Treatments.
- Instructions Southern Stitches www
Instructions for handmade clothing for infants and children and machine embroidery designs. Southern Stitches.
- Online Sew What's New www
Online community for sewers and quilters. What's New. Includes tips, free patterns and ideas. Sew What's New.
- More Sewing at AllCrafts www
More than 40 free patterns, AllCrafts, techniques and links. Sewing at AllCrafts.
- How Somewhat Stretchy www
How to draft sewing patterns for various styles of a custom-fit catsuit, Stretchy, plus a few other projects, including some very simple unrelated winter garment projects in fleece. Somewhat Stretchy.
- A Unique Patterns Design Ltd. www
A membership pattern company to help you find patterns that fit. Unique Patterns Design Ltd..
- Offers Sew USA www
Offers information about sewing machines: threading diagrams, USA, owners manuals, repair instructions. Sew USA.
- Sewing Sewing Machines and Patterns Review www
Sewing machines reviewed and online classes, Machines and Patterns Review, plus store, merchant gallery and message board. Sewing Machines and Patterns Review.
- Offers Free Applique Patterns www
Offers free wearable applique patterns for apparel. Applique Patterns. Includes instructions. Free Applique Patterns.
- Sewing Sewing with Pride www
Sewing classes and pattern workshops based on the easy to use Lutterloh Pattern System. with Pride. Business opportunity also available to teach sewing from home. In New Zealand. Sewing with Pride.
- Serger Creative Journey Designs www
Serger tips, Journey Designs, projects, classes and workshops by Diane Bossom. Creative Journey Designs.
- Photos Ever After Costumes www
Photos and tips for making Daniel's Ever After costumes, After Costumes, gowns and dresses, including some for dolls. Ever After Costumes.
- Free Costumes and Clothing for Dolls www
Free patterns added weekly in many styles. Costumes and Clothing for Dolls.
- Large Bricodeco Jeditoo www
Large directory of many types of sewing sites. Bricodeco Jeditoo.
- Mega Lily Abello's Sewing Resource Guide www
Mega links for anything sewable. Lily Abello's Sewing Resource Guide.
- Library Needlecrafter.com www
Library of free needlecraft designs and patterns, Needlecrafter.com, how-to articles, and a stitch dictionary. Primary focus is embroidery. Needlecrafter.com.
- Links Crazy Quilt Embroidery www
Links to selected crazy quilt embroidery sites. Crazy Quilt Embroidery.
- Small Pillows4Patients www
Small pillows are made by teens in Scarsdale, Pillows4Patients, NY and donated to local children's hospitals and treatment centers. Pillows4Patients.
- Free Sewing.org: Charitable Sewing www
Free patterns including adult bibs, Charitable Sewing, isolette covers, and wheelchair totes. Sewing.org: Charitable Sewing.
- Variety Cookie's Creations www
Variety of free designs, Creations, project ideas, and schedule of events. Also offers a book. Cookie's Creations.
- Designs, Zazzy Embroidery www
Designs, Embroidery, project pictures and other hobbies of interest. Also beginner digitizing and Noah's Ark set. Zazzy Embroidery.
- Blog Plain & Fancy Merchant www
Blog showcasing needlework by Sandra Sullivan. Plain & Fancy Merchant.
- Textile Sharon b's In a minute ago www
Textile artist Sharon Boggon provides past exhibitions, b's In a minute ago, textiles, hand embroidery, crazy quilts, and stitching dictionary. [not suitable for all browsers] Sharon b's In a minute ago.
- Alexa: Sewing Needlework
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Sewing Needlework
- DMOZ: Sewing Needlework
dmoz.org Directory: Sewing Needlework