This section lists sites offering information, resources, instruction and exhibits relating to fabric, yarn, and to textile crafts including spinning, weaving, dyeing, felting, braiding, and multi-media textile arts. Textiles Crafts Arts.
A textile or cloth is a flexible material consisting of a network of natural or artificial fibres ( yarn or thread ). (wikipedia)
- Textile Any type of material made from fibers or other extended linear materials such as thread or yarn.
- Textile industry The textile industry is primally concerned with the design and production of yarn, cloth...
- Textile (markup language) A lightweight markup language that uses a text formatting syntax to convert plain text into...
- Philadelphia College of Textiles & Science A private university in the East Falls neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Includes Paula's Wearable Art www
Includes photos of woven, Wearable Art, knitted and beaded accessories, hand spun yarn and kits. Paula's Wearable Art.
- Features Rug Hooking Online www
Features how-to articles and patterns, Hooking Online, a gallery of full-color rugs, and links to related sites. Rug Hooking Online.
- Mill Rabbit Goody's Thistle Hill Weavers www
Mill producing reproduction textiles. Goody's Thistle Hill Weavers. Includes information about Textile History Forum, exhibits, and photos of examples of work. Rabbit Goody's Thistle Hill Weavers.
- Listing Fiberarts.org www
Listing of guild contacts, Fiberarts.org, calendar of events and articles. Fiberarts.org.
- The Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution www
The only museum in the United States devoted exclusively to historic and contemporary design. Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- Service Textile Conservation Services www
Service for care, Conservation Services, restoration, and presentation of antique and contemporary textile arts. Textile Conservation Services.
- By Descendants of the Incas www
By the Center For Traditional Textiles of Cusco, the Incas, Peru, promoting Inca weaving traditions. Contains images and stories, and descriptions of spinning, dyeing and weaving processes used. Descendants of the Incas.
- Informational All Fiber Arts www
Informational site for weaving, Fiber Arts, spinning and other fiber arts. Articles, forum. All Fiber Arts.
- Honors La Jolla FiberArts www
Honors the work of fine fiber craftspeople known locally and nationally. Jolla FiberArts. The Resource Studio has select materials for weavers and spinners. La Jolla, California. La Jolla FiberArts.
- Information Dalton Textile Tours www
Information on up and coming tours to China to discover the secrets of Chinese embroidery. Textile Tours. Pictures and information on previous tours is provided. Dalton Textile Tours.
- Offers Ron's Fiber Home www
Offers links of resources for fiber artists. Ron's Fiber Home.
- Virtual The Fabric Museum www
Virtual museum presenting exhibits on fabric art, Fabric Museum, design and history. The Fabric Museum.
- One Rose Tinted Creations www
One day craft courses in felt making, Tinted Creations, jewellery making and rag rug making. Artwork and upholstery commissions also undertaken. Contains course information and gallery. Cheshire, North West England. Rose Tinted Creations.
- Information FiberLink www
Information and resources for knitters, FiberLink, spinsters, weavers, and other fiber artists. FiberLink.
- Specializes Atelier Marin www
Specializes in luxurious natural fibers and hand dyed yarns. Marin. Offers expert advise, a full class schedule and a comprehensive selection of books and accessories for knitting and crochet. Atelier Marin.
- A Textile Center of Minnesota www
A coalition of the textile community, Center of Minnesota, dedicated to promoting and preserving textile excellence. St. Paul. Textile Center of Minnesota.
- Historic Mission Mill Museum www
Historic woolen mill in Oregon. Mill Museum. Includes calendar of events and classes, information on outreach to schools and facilities for rent. Mission Mill Museum.
- Art TLD Design Center and Gallery www
Art gallery in Westmont, Design Center and Gallery, Illinois offering classes in weaving, spinning and other arts and crafts. TLD Design Center and Gallery.
- International Computer Textile Design Group (CTDG) www
International organization of textile crafts artists. Textile Design Group (CTDG). Computer Textile Design Group (CTDG).
- Information Birgitte Krag Hansen www
Information about feltmaking, Krag Hansen, felt courses and exhibitions. Includes picture gallery. Birgitte Krag Hansen.
- Repair, Textile Repair Studio www
Repair, Repair Studio, restoration and appraisal. List of services, contact information. Textile Repair Studio.
- The Regia Anglorum - Anglo-Saxon and Viking Crafts - Sprang www
The history, Anglorum - Anglo-Saxon and Viking Crafts - Sprang, origins, construction and use of thread twisting. Regia Anglorum - Anglo-Saxon and Viking Crafts - Sprang.
- Batik-painting Fine Art Training Center www
Batik-painting instructional center held in Malaysia. Art Training Center. Information on classes and accommodation, gallery of students' work. Fine Art Training Center.
- Promoting Maine Fiberarts www
Promoting the enjoyment and quality of Maine fiber work. Fiberarts. Includes background, membership and contact information. Maine Fiberarts.
- Provides Beetle Felt www
Provides workshops using textiles, Felt, particularly felt and also runs a craft shop based in Chorlton, Manchester, United Kingdom. Contains workshop information, gallery and online shop. Beetle Felt.
- Resource Alexandria Textiles www
Resource center for the fiber arts community specializing in spinning, Textiles, weaving and dyeing. Alexandria Textiles.
- Focus Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins www
Focus on classes and workshops. Spindles & Skeins. List of yarns offered. Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins.
- Show Michigan Fiber Festival www
Show and workshop schedule, Fiber Festival, list of vendors, registration forms. Michigan Fiber Festival.
- Textiles Ewa Soszko: Antique Textile Conservation www
Textiles from different epochs, Soszko: Antique Textile Conservation, and methods of textile conservation and restoration. Photos of the artist's work in ecclesiastical textiles and iconographic paintings. Ewa Soszko: Antique Textile Conservation.
- Journal Fiberarts - The Magazine of Textiles www
Journal of modern textile art. The Magazine of Textiles. Calendar, highlights, and subscription FAQ. Fiberarts - The Magazine of Textiles.
- Dedicated Mexican Textiles www
Dedicated to the presentation of indigenous costume, Textiles, the people, their location and their traditions. Mexican Textiles.
- Teaching John C. Campbell Folk School www
Teaching traditional crafts, Campbell Folk School, music and dance in the mountains of North Carolina. John C. Campbell Folk School.
- Provides Spinners', Weavers' & Knitters' Housecleaning Pages www
Provides a forum and free marketplace. Spinners', Weavers' & Knitters' Housecleaning Pages.
- Artisans Arts of Africa www
Artisans producing traditional and contemporary artifacts and clothing. Africa. Gallery images, list of artisans, exhibits, articles on textiles. Arts of Africa.
- A World of Threads Festival www
A biannual festival highlighting international textile art and craft. Threads Festival. Call for submissions, gallery exhibitions in Oakville Ontario Canada. Featuring contemporary art, quilting, weaving, sewing, paper making, textiles, sculpture. World of Threads Festival.
- Mrs. The Art Of Batik Painting www
Mrs. Art Of Batik Painting. Leong, batik teacher in Singapore, provides illustrated instructions for batik and photos of students' work. The Art Of Batik Painting.
- A TextileLinks www
A compilation of textile-related words, TextileLinks, phrases and links to other sites, by Rosemary Brock. TextileLinks.
- Providing The Australian Forum for Textile Arts (TAFTA) www
Providing publications, Australian Forum for Textile Arts (TAFTA), conferences and workshops for textile craftspeople. Contains conference and magazine subscription information, editor background, news and events. The Australian Forum for Textile Arts (TAFTA).
- Dana Dana's Textile Travels www
Dana McCown shares pictures and notes from her travels to see traditional textiles around the world. Textile Travels. Also "guest traveller" submissions. Dana's Textile Travels.
- Information Phiala's String Page www
Information on tablet weaving and non-woven textiles including naalbinding, String Page, sprang and braiding. Offers historical information, especially medieval, with techniques included. Phiala's String Page.
- Producer Interweave Press www
Producer of weaving and other fiber arts publications. Press. Includes book descriptions, magazine contents, subscription information and special event registration. Interweave Press.
- Textiles Puchka Peru Cultural Tours www
Textiles and folk art tours for those interested in Peruvian art and craft. Puchka Peru Cultural Tours.
- Finnish Pohjola, Ulla www
Finnish textile artist presents an online gallery featuring creative embroidery. Ulla. Includes exhibitions listing. Pohjola, Ulla.
- Work Reynolds, Rachel www
Work covers a broad area of disciplines, Rachel, ranging from large scale backdrops to hangings in domestic interiors. Biography, product examples and outlets. Reynolds, Rachel.
- International World Textile Art www
International group specializing in promoting contemporary textile art by vanguard artists. Textile Art. Application for and information on sponsored exhibit. World Textile Art.
- International The Guild of Silk Painters www
International group of artists. Guild of Silk Painters. Includes articles, contacts, workshop information and links to promote the exchange of ideas. The Guild of Silk Painters.
- A Beginning Kumihimo www
A kumihimo beginner's instructional handout. Beginning Kumihimo.
- Affiliated Melbourne Kumihimo Group www
Affiliated with the Handweavers and Spinners Guild of Victoria in Australia. Kumihimo Group. Includes membership information, examples of items made using the technique and demonstration at the marudai. Melbourne Kumihimo Group.
- Dyeing Dharma Trading: Craft Techniques www
Dyeing techniques and projects, Trading: Craft Techniques, mostly on black and white blanks. Dharma Trading: Craft Techniques.
- Information Discharge Dyeing www
Information on dye effects achieved by the removal of color already in the fabric, Dyeing, rather than by adding it. Discharge Dyeing.
- Handpainted Sally Silk Art www
Handpainted silk cushions, Silk Art, cards, lavender bags and paintings. Sally Silk Art.
- Needle Hooked On Felt www
Needle felting products include wool hats, Felt, earmuffs, scarves, whimples, shawls and rugs. All products are handmade with the dry felting technique, and a bit of crochet. Hooked On Felt.
- Lissier-créateur, Plato, Yolande de www
Lissier-créateur, Yolande de, elle présente une galerie de ses tapisseries contemporaines tissées en lin, aux motifs abstraits. Plato, Yolande de.
- Tapisseries Art et Tissage de France www
Tapisseries d'Aubusson et peintures contemporaines. Tissage de France. Présentation, historique, artistes. Bilingue fr/en. Art et Tissage de France.
- Alexa: Textiles Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Textiles Crafts
- DMOZ: Textiles Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Textiles Crafts