This section lists sites about creating items using macrame and other decorative knotting techniques, and about the people who create them. Macrame Textiles Crafts Arts.
Macramé or macrame is a form of textile -making using knotting rather than weaving or knitting. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Macram is a form of textile produced using knotting techniques.
- Chinese knotting - Chinese knotting is a decorative handicraft art that began as a form of Chinese folk art in the Tang and Song Dynasty in China. It was later popularized in the Ming. The art is also referred to as "Chinese traditional decorative knots". In other cultures, it is known as "decorative knots".
- Sennit - Sennit is a type of cordage made by plaiting strands of dried fibre or grass. It can be used ornamentally in crafts, like a kind of macrame, or to make straw hats.
- Decorative ropework
- Visual arts
- Humorous Macrame Owl www
Humorous collection of 70's style macrame owls and wall hangings. Macrame Owl.
- Treasury Macrame Owls www
Treasury of owls formed in macrame, Owls, offered by Bill Davenport. Macrame Owls.
- A Encyclopedia of Needlework: Macrame www
A comprehensive introduction to the craft of macrame. Needlework: Macrame. Includes illustrations on knots and step-by-step instructions. Encyclopedia of Needlework: Macrame.
- Examples Destiny, The Culture of China - Macrame www
Examples and information about traditional Chinese knotting. Destiny, The Culture of China - Macrame.
- Gallery Nomadic Knotwork www
Gallery of work by macrame artist Isha Elafi. Nomadic Knotwork.
- Australian Smalltown www
Australian designer gallery of modern interpretations of macrame plant hangers and lighting fixtures. Smalltown.
- Gallery Handcrafted by Elaine www
Gallery of handcrafted wall hangings and sterling jewelry. Elaine. Includes schedule of craft shows and class schedule, and detailed knot instructions. Handcrafted by Elaine.
- Humorous Macrame Disaster www
Humorous child's story related to the craft, Disaster, with drawings. Macrame Disaster.
- An International Guild of Knot Tyers www
An association of people with interests in knots and knotting techniques of all kinds. Guild of Knot Tyers. Includes membership information, tips for beginners and a gallery. International Guild of Knot Tyers.
- Older Macrame on Line www
Older issue of this e-zine dedicated exclusively to macrame. Line. Includes review of an exhibit at a park museum, and a plant hanger pattern. Macrame on Line.
- Features Macrame Lovers Blog www
Features macrame tips and techniques, Lovers Blog, tutorials and inspirational photos. Macrame Lovers Blog.
- Information Ann's Macramé www
Information with materials suggestions, Macramé, knot instructions, projects and finishing ideas. Ann's Macramé.
- Ropecordage Oskar Kirchhoffs www
Ropecordage art. Kirchhoffs. About the rope artist, his exhibitions, and his projects. Oskar Kirchhoffs.
- Weblog Micro-Macrame by Annika deGroot www
Weblog featuring macrame pieces from around the world, Annika deGroot, including the work of the author Micro-Macrame by Annika deGroot.
- Patterns Woven Rope Friezes www
Patterns woven by Nils Kristian Rossing. Rope Friezes. Includes diagrams indicating relationship between the patterns and mathematical symmetry. Woven Rope Friezes.
- List Macrame Projects/Articles www
- Detailed How to Make a Macrame Chair www
Detailed step-by-step instructions with photos to create a macrame lawn chair. How to Make a Macrame Chair.
- Ian Ian Lander Jewelry www
Ian Lander is a macrame artist based on the East Coast. Lander Jewelry. His macrame art is inspired by his travels and are heavily influenced by nature. Ian Lander Jewelry.
- The Project Gutenberg ebook of Encyclopedia of Needlework www
The history of macrame fringe with detailed instructions for creating macrame fringe and trimming. Project Gutenberg ebook of Encyclopedia of Needlework.
- Tutorial How to Macrame a Plant Hanger www
Tutorial with step-by-step instructions and photos detailing how to macrame a plant hanger. How to Macrame a Plant Hanger.
- Association Knot Heads World Wide www
Association of knot tying enthusiasts from around the world. Heads World Wide. Tutorials, articles, forum and videos for knot tying styles and techniques. Knot Heads World Wide.
- Service Textile Conservation Services www
Service for care, Conservation Services, restoration, and presentation of antique and contemporary textile arts. Textile Conservation Services.
- Information Birgitte Krag Hansen www
Information about feltmaking, Krag Hansen, felt courses and exhibitions. Includes picture gallery. Birgitte Krag Hansen.
- Alexa: Macrame Textiles
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Macrame Textiles
- DMOZ: Macrame Textiles
dmoz.org Directory: Macrame Textiles