The craft of weaving is also known as "handweaving", to distinguish it from mass-production machine weaving which makes most of the fabric today. It is creating fabric from fiber, by interlacing warp and weft threads. This section and its subcategories cover informational and educational sites about weaving and weavers, equipment, techniques, festivals and events. Weaving Textiles Crafts Arts.
Weaving is a method of textile production in which two distinct sets of yarns or threads are interlaced at right angles to form a fabric or cloth. (wikipedia)
- Weaving A method of textile production in which two distinct sets of yarns or threads are interlaced...
- Weaving (knitting) A family of techniques used for several purposes in knitting.
- Weave (digital printing) A technique used in digital printing to reduce visual bands resulting from the proximity of...
- Weaving (horse) A stable vice of horses, in which the horse repetitively sways side to side, shifting weight and...
- Weaving (mythology) Ancient, and its lost mythic lore probably accompanied the early spread of this art.
- Weave (Forgotten Realms) The source of both arcane and divine spellcasting.
- Hair weave Artificial hair integrations, more commonly known as hair extensions, add length and/or fullness...
- Mozilla Weave A browser synchronization feature that allows users to partially synchronize bookmarks, browsing...
- Weaving (surname) Meanings A surname (and list of people with the name).
- An Linda Hartshorn, handweaver, dyer www
An online portfolio of Linda's work, Hartshorn, handweaver, dyer, information on weaving classes and workshops. Linda Hartshorn, handweaver, dyer.
- Online 21st Century Art www
Online exhibition of fabric making and embellishment, Century Art, with emphasis on grid-based designs. 21st Century Art.
- Located The Textile Museum www
Located in Washington, Textile Museum, DC, the Textile Museum is dedicated to furthering the understanding of mankind's creative achievements in the textile arts. The museum's calendar, exhibitions, and shop are available. The Textile Museum.
- Information Northup Studio www
Information on beginning and continuing weaving courses, Studio, a Central Oregon Fiber Arts Calendar, instructor profiles and class outlines. Northup Studio.
- Spinner Gill Back's Weaving www
Spinner and weaver with a gallery of handwoven rugs, Back's Weaving, cushion covers, wall hangings, shawls and scarfs. Gill Back's Weaving.
- Studio Crazy As A Loom Weaving Studio www
Studio tour and hand wovens including portage fluff rugs, A Loom Weaving Studio, placemats, blue jean rugs, scarves, shawls, and table runners. Crazy As A Loom Weaving Studio.
- Gallery 1999 Midwest Weavers Association Conference www
Gallery of works and information on teachers who taught at this conference. 1999 Midwest Weavers Association Conference.
- Online Loom Dancer Designs www
Online gallery of original Rio Grande traditional weaving by Cari Ann Sample-Malver. Dancer Designs. Works include rugs, blankets, saddle blankets and tapestries. Loom Dancer Designs.
- Promotes MayanCulture.com www
Promotes Mayan weaving. MayanCulture.com. Describes materials, techniques and patterns. MayanCulture.com.
- Free Melentine www
Free weaving projects aimed at the beginning weaver. Melentine.
- A Walster Weavers www
A Shetland group handweaving wool and other fibres on handlooms, Weavers, producing clothing, accessories and home items. Walster Weavers.
- A Tim's Rudimentary Treadle Reducer www
A calculator to find a skeleton tie-up to reduce the number of treadles required for a weaving pattern. Tim's Rudimentary Treadle Reducer.
- Textile Bonnie Tarses www
Textile designer specializing in one-of-a-kind and custom handwovens. Tarses. Trademark techniques include color horoscope weaving, words in color, and easy ikat. Bonnie Tarses.
- This Pam Hutley www
This site deals with the activities of the Australian fabric artist. Pam Hutley.
- A Interactive Tartan Weaver www
A tool which allows the user to design a tartan by choosing a stripe sequence from a selection of colours. Interactive Tartan Weaver.
- A Saori Hand-weaving of New England www
A site promoting the form of weaving from Japan known as Saori. Hand-weaving of New England. Lessons available in Worcester, MA. Saori Hand-weaving of New England.
- A Ralph Griswold's Digital Weaving Archive www
A collection of out-of-print documents on weaving, Griswold's Digital Weaving Archive, textile manufacture, design and pattern. Ralph Griswold's Digital Weaving Archive.
- List Santa Fe School of Weaving www
List of classes and workshops, School of Weaving, also supplies available. Santa Fe School of Weaving.
- Group Blackdown Hills Natural Fibres www
Group of fibre farmers, Hills Natural Fibres, processors and users working with Alpaca, Cashmere, Mohair and wool products. Blackdown Hills Natural Fibres.
- Online Weaving Art Museum and Research Institute (WAMRI) www
Online virtual galleries present changing exhibitions of masterpieces of textile art from the eastern Mediterranean. Art Museum and Research Institute (WAMRI). Weaving Art Museum and Research Institute (WAMRI).
- Kathrin Blazing Shuttles Handweaving www
Kathrin Weber Scott's handweaving and hand-dyeing images and process information. Shuttles Handweaving. Fiber Classes offered to Guilds and Art/Craft Schools. Blazing Shuttles Handweaving.
- Information Textile School www
Information about fibers, School, textile, products and processes Textile School.
- Information Spinning Down Under www
Information on small loom building, Down Under, weaving how-to, projects, and textile craft links. Spinning Down Under.
- Online Weavolution www
Online social network for hand-weavers from around the world. Weavolution.
- Db-Weben Brunold Software www
Db-Weben is software for handweavers. Software. Free demo version available. Brunold Software.
- Makers Snail Trail Handweavers www
Makers of handwoven rugs, Trail Handweavers, hangings, and fabrics. Offers residential and non-residential courses in weaving, spinning, and dyeing. Snail Trail Handweavers.
- Gallery Taniko Weaving www
Gallery and information on New Zealand Maori weaving, Weaving, a twined method of creating native geometric designs by artist Judy Shorten. Taniko Weaving.
- Free Weavezine www
Free online weaving magazine with articles for weavers of all levels, Weavezine, providing inspiration and information on techniques. Weavezine.
- Information Weaving in Beauty www
Information on Navajo weaving and culture including events, Beauty, educational opportunities, bibliography and advice on purchasing textiles. Weaving in Beauty.
- Simple HallNet: How to Build, Warp, and Weave on a Simple Frame Loom www
Simple instructions on how to build a small loom and how to weave. HallNet: How to Build, Warp, and Weave on a Simple Frame Loom.
- Hand Loop of the Loom www
Hand weaving studio in New York City, the Loom, specializing in Japanese Saori method. Includes schedule of upcoming events, classes and online gallery. Loop of the Loom.
- Spinners, Scalpay Linen www
Spinners, Linen, weavers and dyers of linen and wool based in the Outer Hebrides. Scalpay Linen.
- Interest Cape Guild of Weavers www
Interest group for weaving, Guild of Weavers, spinning, felting, dyeing and knitting situated in Cape Town, South Africa, Cape Guild of Weavers.
- By-mail Complex Weavers www
By-mail international guild publishes member-contributed journal on study group subjects. Weavers. Lending library, gallery, information on annual meeting. Complex Weavers.
- Mailing Weaving Mailing List www
Mailing list - Leslie Carroll Weaving Mailing List.
- Show Fiber Celebration www
Show sponsored by Northern Colorado Weavers Guild. Celebration. Prospectus, entry form, and awards. Fiber Celebration.
- By Blue Ridge Handweaving Show www
By the Western North Carolina Fibers/Handweavers Guild, Ridge Handweaving Show, Inc. Includes entry rules and categories and photos of winning pieces. Blue Ridge Handweaving Show.
- Custom Eagle Ridge Studio www
Custom handwoven rugs and saddle blankets and beadwork. Eagle Ridge Studio.
- Offers Barbara Kuznetz Contemporary Rugs www
Offers a variety of my custom designed, Kuznetz Contemporary Rugs, hand-tufted area rugs and wall pieces. Barbara Kuznetz Contemporary Rugs.
- French Sylvie Boyer www
French weaver and artist creating textile sculptures and wallhangings, Boyer, and offering courses to professional weavers, beginners and hobbyists. Sylvie Boyer.
- Hand Laura Foster Nicholson www
Hand woven fine art tapestries and jacquard artworks, Foster Nicholson, with links to dealer's sites. Laura Foster Nicholson.
- Bibliography Thóra's Tablet Weaving Bibliography www
Bibliography of Sources for Information on Period Tablet Weaves Thóra's Tablet Weaving Bibliography.
- An Tablet Weaving, Kumihimo, Ply-splitting, Collingwood, San Diego www
An information page for weavers specifically interested in Tablet Weaving, Weaving, Kumihimo, Ply-splitting, Collingwood, San Diego, Kumihimo, and Ply-splitting. Information about TWIST: Tablet Weavers' International Studies and Techniques Tablet Weaving, Kumihimo, Ply-splitting, Collingwood, San Diego.
- Provides Beetle Felt www
Provides workshops using textiles, Felt, particularly felt and also runs a craft shop based in Chorlton, Manchester, United Kingdom. Contains workshop information, gallery and online shop. Beetle Felt.
- Repair, Textile Repair Studio www
Repair, Repair Studio, restoration and appraisal. List of services, contact information. Textile Repair Studio.
- Alexa: Weaving Textiles
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Weaving Textiles
- DMOZ: Weaving Textiles
dmoz.org Directory: Weaving Textiles