Wildcrafting Crafts Arts.
Wildcrafting is the practice of harvesting plants from their natural, or "wild" habitat, for food or medicinal purposes. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Wildcrafting is the practice of harvesting plants from their natural, or 'wild' habitat, primarily for food or medicinal purposes. It applies to uncultivated plants wherever they may be found, and is not necessarily limited to wilderness areas. Ethical considerations are often involved, such as protecting endangered species, potential for depletion of commonly held resources, and in the context of private property, preventing theft of valuable plants, for example, ginseng. Four states and five national forests in America actively manage the wild harvesting of ginseng to ensure sustainability of wild populations. In Europe, non-wood forest products can be significant in the bioeconomy, especially in regions where wood is not the most profitable product. These were examined during a four year study called The StarTree Project which assessed the wildcrafting of non-timber forest products across 14 regions of Europe to explore best practice and commercial opportunities.
- Agroforestry - Agroforestry or agro-sylviculture is a land use management system in which trees or shrubs are grown around or among crops or pastureland.
- Biomass (ecology) - Biomass, is the mass of living biological organisms in a given area or ecosystem at a given time. Biomass can refer to species biomass, which is the mass of one or more species, or to community biomass, which is the mass of all species in the community.
- Biomass - Biomass is an industry term for getting energy by burning wood, and other organic matter. Burning biomass releases carbon emissions, but has been classed as a renewable energy source in the EU and UN legal frameworks, because plant stocks can be replaced with new growth.
- Bioproducts - Bioproducts or bio-based products are materials, chemicals and energy derived from renewable biological resources.
- Harvest - Harvesting is the process of gathering a ripe crop from the fields. Reaping is the cutting of grain or pulse for harvest, typically using a scythe, sickle, or reaper. On smaller farms with minimal mechanization, harvesting is the most labor-intensive activity of the growing season.
- Hunter-gatherer - A hunter-gatherer is a human living in a society in which most or all food is obtained by foraging, in contrast to agricultural societies, which rely mainly on domesticated species.
- Food and the environment
- Non-timber forest products
- Rural community development
- Wildcrafting Wildcrafting Ethics www
Wildcrafting Checklist and other resources by Howie Brounstein. Wildcrafting Ethics.
- How NativeTech - Making a Bark Canoe www
How to make a model birchbark canoe. Making a Bark Canoe. Describes two designs, and includes a detailed cutaway painting of a full-size craft. NativeTech - Making a Bark Canoe.
- A Neil Thwaites - The Corn Dolly Man www
A tribute to a well loved man who inspired many with his artistic talents, Thwaites - The Corn Dolly Man, especially his skills in the craft of Corn Dolly making for which he became an international figure. Neil Thwaites - The Corn Dolly Man.
- Wildcrafting. B and T World Seeds www
Wildcrafting. and T World Seeds. Be sensitive if you are collecting plants or seeds from the wild. B and T World Seeds.
- A R. G. Rustics www
A gallery of Adirondack style birch bark and twig signs, Rustics, chairs, frames, clocks and decor. R. G. Rustics.
- An Wildcrafting With Ila Hatter www
An interpretive naturalist. With Ila Hatter. Includes folklore of the Native American Cherokee tradition. Closeup views of wild edible plants and medicinal herbs are shown. Wildcrafting With Ila Hatter.
- Image Kleinschalig Egg Show www
Image galleries of eggs exhibited at the annual egg-show in a windmill in Amsterdam. Kleinschalig Egg Show.
- Whimsical The Gourd Reserve www
Whimsical and patriotic gourds by Dan and Carmella Dunkin. Gourd Reserve. Also offers gourders hand cream, gourd charts, reports, pollination techniques and safety articles. The Gourd Reserve.
- Original Gooseberry Lane Gourds www
Original gourd art designs inspired by nature in the midwest. Gooseberry Lane Gourds.
- Alexa: Wildcrafting Crafts
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Wildcrafting Crafts
- DMOZ: Wildcrafting Crafts
dmoz.org Directory: Wildcrafting Crafts