This section is for web sites about the hobby of music collecting as well as for Internet resources that would be useful for music collectors. Collecting Music Arts.
The hobby of collecting includes seeking, locating, acquiring, organizing, cataloging, displaying, storing, and maintaining whatever items are of interest to the individual collector. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The hobby of collecting includes seeking, locating, acquiring, organizing, cataloging, displaying, storing, and maintaining items that are of interest to an individual collector. Collections differ in a wide variety of respects, most obviously in the nature and scope of the objects contained, but also in purpose, presentation, and so forth. The scope of collecting is unlimited, as expressed in the old adage, "If something exists, somebody somewhere collects them."
- Collecting Category
- Collectable - A collectable is any object regarded as being of value or interest to a collector. There are numerous types of collectables and terms to denote those types. An antique is a collectable that is old. A curio is a small, usually fascinating or unusual item sought by collectors.
- Hoarding - Hoarding is a behavior where people or animals accumulate food or other items.
- Collections care
- Museum collections
- UK Vinyl Bank Record and CD Fairs www
UK Midlands based record and CD fair organiser. Bank Record and CD Fairs. Find fair dates, venue information, public and dealer information. Vinyl Bank Record and CD Fairs.
- Online International Music Discographies www
Online music price guide, Music Discographies, available by paid subscription. USA values in dollars; accepts submissions from users. International Music Discographies.
- Listing Record Covers Drawn by Comic Artists www
Listing of album covers (CD and vinyl) drawn by comic artists and illustrators. Covers Drawn by Comic Artists. Includes many images. In French and English. Record Covers Drawn by Comic Artists.
- Collectors' Recordjunkie.com www
Collectors' community and worldwide record store guide. Recordjunkie.com.
- Includes Metro Detroit Record Show www
Includes dates and location. Metro Detroit Record Show.
- Care, Cylinder, Disc and Tape Care in a Nutshell www
Care, Disc and Tape Care in a Nutshell, handling and storage of musical recordings in a collections environment, from the US Library of Congress. Includes a bibliography. Cylinder, Disc and Tape Care in a Nutshell.
- Images Gigposters www
Images of gig posters, Gigposters, flyers and handbills from around the world. Gigposters.
- User Discogs www
User built music database. Discogs. Store and organise personal music collection listings for free. Includes cross-referenced discographies of artists and labels, marketplace, and forums for music and general discussion. Discogs.
- Devoted The Internet Museum of Flexi / Cardboard / Oddity Records www
The Internet Museum of Flexi / Cardboard / Oddity Records.
- Private Record Song Book www
Private collector presents information about and seeks copies of the UK music magazine published in the 1960s and 1970s. Record Song Book.
- Includes PNPrecords www
Includes a history of Russian rock and information on Russian music labels. PNPrecords.
- Includes Music Price Guide www
Includes recent online auction results, Price Guide, free classified ads, and a worldwide directory of record sellers. Music Price Guide.
- Guide Nibble's Record Shop Guides www
Guide to record and compact disc shops in San Diego, Record Shop Guides, Los Angeles and Albuquerque. Nibble's Record Shop Guides.
- History RockPosterCollector.com www
History of rock posters and information for collectors. RockPosterCollector.com.
- Information Vinylville www
Information about Usenet groups, Vinylville, dealers, resources and supplies, FAQs and discographies, cleaning and storage, and cataloging software; from a music collector. Vinylville.
- Explores The History of Sound Recording Technology www
Explores the history and impact of the inventions that changed the way we listen; includes business, History of Sound Recording Technology, cultural, and technological sections. The History of Sound Recording Technology.
- Technical The Care and Handling of Recorded Sound Materials www
Technical paper on the archival maintenance of music recordings. Care and Handling of Recorded Sound Materials. Expanded version of an article initially prepared for the National Library of Canada. The Care and Handling of Recorded Sound Materials.
- German-based Record-price-guide www
German-based database of record and CD prices for independent releases. Record-price-guide.
- Galleries 8-Track Landfill www
Galleries of pirated albums, Landfill, players, and unusual storage cases, a journal logging thrift store finds, and an "8-track Hall of Shame." 8-Track Landfill.
- Dedicated 2XL Home Page www
Dedicated to an 8-track based toy from the late 1970s. Home Page. FAQ, reader letters, pictures, and audio clips of the machine at work. 2XL Home Page.
- Buyer Joe Lauro's Historic Music www
Buyer and appraiser of 78 RPM records. Lauro's Historic Music. Includes a gallery of record labels. Joe Lauro's Historic Music.
- Buying Paul Solarski Rare Records www
Buying collections and accumulations of records from 1890-1968 with an emphasis on 1920-35 blues and jazz. Paul Solarski Rare Records.
- Information Collecting CD Videos www
Information about CDVs (a short-lived digital/analog hybrid CD single format from the late 1980s) from a collector. Collecting CD Videos.
- Ten A Beginner's Guide to Collecting Compact Discs www
Ten rules for collecting classical CDs. A Beginner's Guide to Collecting Compact Discs.
- Présentation 1,2,3 Collectors www
Présentation en image d'une collection personnelle de disques promotionnels. 1,2,3 Collectors.
- Présentation Collection d'accordéons www
Présentation en photos d'une collection d'objets et de figurines sur le thème de l'accordéon. Collection d'accordéons.
- Longtime Muze www
Longtime publisher (over 50 years) of directories of recorded music for retail stores; their data is now available for purchase to place on other websites and in-store kiosks. Muze.
- Producer Osborne Enterprises and Jellyroll Productions www
Producer of price guides (in the "Official Price Guide" series) and reference books for music collectibles. Enterprises and Jellyroll Productions. General descriptions of each volume. Osborne Enterprises and Jellyroll Productions.
- Software-positive Audiophile Audition www
Software-positive web magazine for audio and home theater buffs who are more into music than into equipment. Audition. Features reviews, in all music genres, of CDs, SACDs, DVD-As, DVD-Vs, and audiophile LPs. Audiophile Audition.
- The Goldmine www
The leading US magazine about collectible records, Goldmine, CDs and music memorabilia covering all eras/styles. Reviews, record show calendar, forum, and shop directory. From Krause Publications. Goldmine.
- Alexa: Collecting Music
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Collecting Music
- DMOZ: Collecting Music
dmoz.org Directory: Collecting Music