Stage Combat is the practice of creating the illusion of physical combat for plays, theater, or film. Historically in the West, stage combat included martial arts such as fencing and boxing. In the East, stage combat included Kung Fu type fighting. The world has gotten smaller and cultures have mixed. These days stage combat can include understanding a variety of different styles of martial arts, both historical and modern. Stage Combat Stage Movement Theatre Performing Arts Arts.
- Wikipedia: Stage combat is a specialised technique in theatre designed to create the illusion of physical combat without causing harm to the performers. It is employed in live stage plays as well as operatic and ballet productions. With the advent of cinema and television the term has widened to also include the choreography of filmed fighting sequences, as opposed to the earlier live performances on stage. It is closely related to the practice of stunts and is a common field of study for actors. Several actors famous for their stage fighting skills have backgrounds in dance or martial arts training.
- Roberta Brown - Roberta Brown is an American swordmaster, actress, magician, and writer.
- Robert Chapin - Robert Chapin, is a stunt, fight and swordplay choreographer, visual effects artist and supervisor, actor, writer, director, and producer. He is popularly known for acting in and creating the longest running action horror web series called The Hunted.
- Anthony De Longis - Anthony Charles De Longis is an American actor, stuntman, and fight choreographer.
- Jared Kirby - Jared Kirby is a classical and historical fencing instructor who earned the rank of Master of Arms through the Martinez Academy of Arms and continues to study fencing under Maestro Ramon Martinez in New York City, who is one of the last fencing masters to teach fencing as a martial art.
- Nick Offerman - Nicholas Offerman is an American actor, voice actor, producer, writer, comedian and carpenter widely known for his breakout role as Ron Swanson in the acclaimed NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, for which he received the Television Critics Association Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy.
- Hand to hand combat - Hand-to-hand combat is a lethal or non-lethal physical confrontation between two or more persons at very short range that does not involve the use of ranged weapons.
- Theatrical combat
- Choreographed combat
- Sports entertainment
- Performing arts
- Group Babes With Blades www
Group provides women in Chicago with an opportunity to showcase their training and talent in Stage Combat. With Blades. Events schedule, contact information. Babes With Blades.
- Features Journal of Theatrical Combatives www
Features articles and research publications. Journal of Theatrical Combatives.
- Provides Preferred Arms www
Provides quality stage combat weapons for theatre and film. Arms. Established by Robb Hunter, an experienced fight director and certified teacher with the Society of American Fight Directors. Located in Fairfax, VA. Preferred Arms.
- Choreographers Forte Stage Combat www
Choreographers for sword and hand to hand fights, Stage Combat, they also offer stage combat weapon rentals and hold small workshops. Based in Wheaton, Illinois. Forte Stage Combat.
- Professional Ryan, Richard www
Professional fight director. Richard. Includes resume, credits and details on workshops. Ryan, Richard.
- Profile Palpable Hit Productions www
Profile of Anthony De Longis, Hit Productions, performer and choreographer of fencing, stage combat and character movement. Palpable Hit Productions.
- Advice Fight Director www
Advice on the subject of stage combat to theatre, Director, film, and television professionals. Independent information on weapons, laws, and rules. Fight Director.
- Authoritative Medieval Weapon Training Manuals www
Authoritative books and videos in Medieval Renaissance sword and knife fighting in stage combat. Medieval Weapon Training Manuals.
- Journal Blackfriars' Journal www
Journal for Stage-Combat and Historical Swordfighting. Journal. Including an online mailing list. Blackfriars' Journal.
- Forum Stunt Life www
Forum for motorcycle stunters that includes discussion, Life, help and how-to, stunt pictures and videos. Stunt Life.
- Honoring Taurus World Stunt Awards www
Honoring the finest industry performers. World Stunt Awards. Gallery, news, past awards. Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- A Fights4 - Stage Combat in New York www
A Stage Combat school in New York, Stage Combat in New York, it houses four SAFD sanctioned Fight Directs. They teach using their 50 years plus of combined Stage Combat experience. Fights4 - Stage Combat in New York.
- Contacts, Fight Directors, Canada www
Contacts, Directors, Canada, news of forthcoming events and the benefits of membership. Fight Directors, Canada.
- Institution LIMS Online www
Institution for the study of movement analysis and the functional and expressive aspects of movement. LIMS Online.
- A TheatreDance www
A celebration of dance in the American musical theatre. TheatreDance.
- Alexa: Stage Combat Stage Movement
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Stage Combat Stage Movement
- DMOZ: Stage Combat Stage Movement
dmoz.org Directory: Stage Combat Stage Movement