Stage Combat is the practice of creating the illusion of physical combat for plays, theater, or film. Historically in the West, stage combat included martial arts such as fencing and boxing. In the East, stage combat included Kung Fu type fighting. The world has gotten smaller and cultures have mixed. These days stage combat can include understanding a variety of different styles of martial arts, both historical and modern. Stage Combat Stage Movement Theatre Performing Arts Arts.
- Wikipedia: Stage combat is a specialised technique in theatre designed to create the illusion of physical combat without causing harm to the performers. It is employed in live stage plays as well as operatic and ballet productions. With the advent of cinema and television the term has widened to also include the choreography of filmed fighting sequences, as opposed to the earlier live performances on stage. It is closely related to the practice of stunts and is a common field of study for actors. Several actors famous for their stage fighting skills have backgrounds in dance or martial arts training.
- Hong Kong action cinema - Hong Kong action cinema is the principal source of the Hong Kong film industry's global fame.
- Martial arts film - Martial arts film is a film genre. A subgenre of the action film, martial arts films contain numerous martial arts fights between characters. They are usually the films' primary appeal and entertainment value, and often are a method of storytelling and character expression and development.
- Theatrical combat
- Choreographed combat
- Sports entertainment
- Performing arts
- Profile Palpable Hit Productions www
Profile of Anthony De Longis, Hit Productions, performer and choreographer of fencing, stage combat and character movement. Palpable Hit Productions.
- Features Journal of Theatrical Combatives www
Features articles and research publications. Journal of Theatrical Combatives.
- Professional Ryan, Richard www
Professional fight director. Richard. Includes resume, credits and details on workshops. Ryan, Richard.
- Journal Blackfriars' Journal www
Journal for Stage-Combat and Historical Swordfighting. Journal. Including an online mailing list. Blackfriars' Journal.
- Choreographers Forte Stage Combat www
Choreographers for sword and hand to hand fights, Stage Combat, they also offer stage combat weapon rentals and hold small workshops. Based in Wheaton, Illinois. Forte Stage Combat.
- Authoritative Medieval Weapon Training Manuals www
Authoritative books and videos in Medieval Renaissance sword and knife fighting in stage combat. Medieval Weapon Training Manuals.
- Group Babes With Blades www
Group provides women in Chicago with an opportunity to showcase their training and talent in Stage Combat. With Blades. Events schedule, contact information. Babes With Blades.
- Advice Fight Director www
Advice on the subject of stage combat to theatre, Director, film, and television professionals. Independent information on weapons, laws, and rules. Fight Director.
- Provides Preferred Arms www
Provides quality stage combat weapons for theatre and film. Arms. Established by Robb Hunter, an experienced fight director and certified teacher with the Society of American Fight Directors. Located in Fairfax, VA. Preferred Arms.
- Honoring Taurus World Stunt Awards www
Honoring the finest industry performers. World Stunt Awards. Gallery, news, past awards. Taurus World Stunt Awards.
- Forum Stunt Life www
Forum for motorcycle stunters that includes discussion, Life, help and how-to, stunt pictures and videos. Stunt Life.
- New Combat Incorporated www
New York-based fight choreography and combat classes. Incorporated. Contains location details, action images, staff biographies and a FAQ. Combat Incorporated.
- A The Sydney Stage Combat School www
A school dedicated to the study, Sydney Stage Combat School, practice and development of Stage Combat in Australia. The SSCS works with the Society of Australian Fight Directors Inc (SAFDi), to offer world standard, internationally recognised courses in modern Stage Combat for theatre and film. The Sydney Stage Combat School.
- A TheatreDance www
A celebration of dance in the American musical theatre. TheatreDance.
- Institution LIMS Online www
Institution for the study of movement analysis and the functional and expressive aspects of movement. LIMS Online.
- Alexa: Stage Combat Stage Movement
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Stage Combat Stage Movement
- DMOZ: Stage Combat Stage Movement
dmoz.org Directory: Stage Combat Stage Movement