Sites relating to sculpture and sculptors of the past. History Sculpture Visual Arts Arts.
History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- History The study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before...
- History of the world The history of humanity, as determined from archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and...
- History of the Earth The history of Earth concerns the development of planet Earth from its formation to the present day.
- Philosophy of history The philosophical study of history and the past.
- Medical history The medical history or case history of a patient is information gained by a physician by asking...
- Changelog A log or record of all notable changes made to a project.
- History The Histories of Herodotus is now considered the founding work of history in Western literature.
- History (band) A South Korean boy group formed by LOEN Entertainment in 2013.
- History (U.S. TV network) A history-based digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by A&E Networks, a...
- Herstory Herstory is story written from a feminist perspective, emphasizing the role of women, or told...
- ArtLex - Art Dictionary www
Reference material in art, - Art Dictionary, art history, art criticism, aesthetics, and art education. Definitions of thousands of terms, illustrations, quotations, and links to other resources.
- Great Buildings Online www
Documents hundreds of buildings and leading architects across the world with 3D models, Buildings Online, photographs and drawings, commentaries, biographies and bibliographies. Searchable.
- World Heritage www
Elegant site from UNESCO explaining the choice of certain buildings and sites as World Heritage. Heritage. List with pictures and information available on each. French and English language options.
- Over Glasgow - City of Sculpture www
Over 200 biographies of sculptors and architects, City of Sculpture, with hundreds of photographs covering the history of sculpture in Glasgow. Glasgow - City of Sculpture.
- Photographs Wodan Still Speaks www
Photographs by Guido Deseijn and Gerda Verheeke of Romanesque and Gothic sculptures on medieval religious buildings in Europe, Still Speaks, suspected to represent the old pagan god Wodan or Odin. Wodan Still Speaks.
- Part End of Europe's Middle Ages: Sculpture www
Part of a University of Calgary tutorial with photographs and narrative from Gothic sculpture as an architectural component to free-standing Italian Renaissance sculpture. End of Europe's Middle Ages: Sculpture.
- Photographs, The Tello Obelisk www
Photographs, Tello Obelisk, description and discussion by James Q. Jacobs of this prehistoric carved granite monolith from Chavín de Huantár in Peru, with bibliography. The Tello Obelisk.
- Illustrated Sensuality in Memorial Art www
Illustrated and referenced essay on the role of sensuality and the classic nude figure in memorial and cemetery sculpture around the world. Memorial Art. From Northstar Gallery. Sensuality in Memorial Art.
- A Liverpool's Peter Pan www
A collection of people's memories and photographs of the Peter Pan sculpture from Liverpool's Sefton Park. Liverpool's Peter Pan.
- The Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture www
The University of Durham hosts information on this publication project. Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture. Includes images and a map showing the counties covered by each volume. Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture.
- A The Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture in Britain and Ireland www
A searchable text and image database. Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture in Britain and Ireland. A British Academy Research Project hosted by the Courtauld Institute of Art. The Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture in Britain and Ireland.
- Images Indian Sculpture and Temple Ornamentation www
Images and historical notes by Shishir Thadani relating to Indian sculpture and temple carvings, Sculpture and Temple Ornamentation, from Image India. Indian Sculpture and Temple Ornamentation.
- Ian Parthenon Marbles www
Ian Swindale and his students in Crete present the history of the magnificent frieze and sculptures from the Parthenon in Athens and the campaign to return to Greece those now in the British Museum. Parthenon Marbles.
- Sculptor Hilton of Cadboll Pictish Stone www
Sculptor Barry Grove describes his reconstruction of one of the most famous Pictish stones of Scotland. Hilton of Cadboll Pictish Stone.
- From Sister Wendy's American Collection www
From PBS - Sister Wendy Beckett, Wendy's American Collection, nun and art commentator, takes viewers on a tour through six of America's greatest art museums. Sister Wendy's American Collection.
- Paul Gargoyles www
Paul Gambling explains the etymology and history of these sculptured grotesques. Gargoyles. Photographs from around Europe, with special section on Norfolk parish church gargoyles. Bibliography and related links. Gargoyles.
- Amateur A Love of Monsters: Gargoyles and Architectural Details in New York City www
Amateur enthusiast Amelia Wilson tours us round the wealth of Gothic Revival carving in New York: creatures real and fantastic, Love of Monsters: Gargoyles and Architectural Details in New York City, and mock-medieval figures. A Love of Monsters: Gargoyles and Architectural Details in New York City.
- Mike The Mystery of the Green Man www
Mike Harding's quest for the Green Man, Mystery of the Green Man, from the UK and Europe to India. Includes a bibliography. The Mystery of the Green Man.
- Julianna Green Man of Cercles www
Julianna Lees aims to catalogue most of the Green Men of the Romanesque churches in France. Man of Cercles. Includes a forum and articles in pdf format. Green Man of Cercles.
- The Szukalski, Stanislav (1893-1987) www
The official website for the Polish-American sculptor, Stanislav (1893-1987), painter and writer. Biographies, gallery, posters, and books. Szukalski, Stanislav (1893-1987).
- Biography Augustincic, Antun (1900-1979) www
Biography of Croatian monumental sculptor from the Augustincic Gallery. Antun (1900-1979). Augustincic, Antun (1900-1979).
- Mid-Mississippi Pearl River Wood Carvers www
Mid-Mississippi wood carving club's classes, River Wood Carvers, demonstrations and information on the annual wood carving show and competition. Pearl River Wood Carvers.
- A Art Horse Studio www
A sculpting firm offers gothic and contemporary sculpture for residential, Horse Studio, corporate, or commercial art applications. Art Horse Studio.
- Alexa: History Sculpture
Alexa Directory Top Sites: History Sculpture
- DMOZ: History Sculpture
dmoz.org Directory: History Sculpture